The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Auto-Linker (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Full of ERRORS on GAL! (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3142)

ant0nio 04-30-2007 10:27 AM

Full of ERRORS on GAL!

I just purchased this today and I Can't figure out why i'm getting this error when i'm viewing the comments on GAR's. It shows this error:

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php on line 195

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php on line 196

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php on line 198

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line 171

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line 171

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in /geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line

And when i'm using the maintenance tools, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method GAL_admin_vb_db::hide_errors() in /home/bodybuil/public_html/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_admin.php on line 758

The Geek 04-30-2007 01:15 PM

If you are using the Beta, I would suggest rolling back to 4.8x as there are several known issues with the 5x beta that ca cause the above.

ant0nio 05-01-2007 04:45 AM

I'm hoping you release a newer version of GAL. I really love this product!:D

The Geek 05-01-2007 07:46 AM

Ive been working on a new version to the point my fingers are damn near bleeding :)

It is almost ready for beta testing. Hold tight as the new one seriously rocks!

Lionel 05-02-2007 05:35 AM

Take it easy on those fingers. We need them more than you do :D

The Geek 05-02-2007 11:36 AM

lol, think I need to change to voice recognition so I can code one thing with my voice and another with my fingers :)

Hornstar6969 05-04-2007 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek (Post 18381)
lol, think I need to change to voice recognition so I can code one thing with my voice and another with my fingers :)

if the voice recognition is anything like the MS (microsoft) demonstration of their voice recognition software on Vista, then I hope not lol

If you don't know what i'm referring to, then don't worry, it was hilarious at the time lol

jluerken 05-08-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek (Post 18381)

Simply learn to type faster and additionaly use your nose too :p

ant0nio 06-15-2007 11:04 AM

Any update when the new GAL will be released? I'm in dying need of it!

The Geek 06-15-2007 05:28 PM

None, other than it is coming. I am very aware of how long it is taking - but it isnt for lack of working on it - it is because of its massive complexity. I keep making strong movements forward, only to have to rework the caching system (which I have lost track of the rewrites on it so far).
I could have released an alpha version by now which is better than the current 5x version - but I am glad I didnt as I had to take more steps backward to go forward again :(

In fact, I was damn near tempted to ditch the caching system as it is the core challenge of the last 2 series - however I am determined to make it happen. Hang tight - it is coming :)