View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:46 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Warning: All Geek Scripts and vB 4.0

Warning: All the Geek Scripts and vB 4.0 are not compatible. Tests will be done as soon as possible, around the time of the vB 4.0 Gold release, to see what needs to change to make the Geek Scripts compatible with vB 4.0 if possible. Due to new vB 4.0 features, it may be the case that certain Geek Scripts get discontinued.

If you upgrade to vB 4.0, you will break all the Geek Scripts, so if you are going to upgrade, turn off all the Geek Scripts by disabling the product via the ACP and do not turn them on again until after a vB 4.0 compatible version is released. There is no set time frame, but it will be as soon as it gets done.

Support for the Geek Scripts on vB 4.0 will not be offered until after a vB 4.0 compatible version of the Geek Scripts is released. At that time, the determination as to whether any Geek Script is discontinued will be made, so it may be the case that not all the Geek Scripts become compatible.

Please do not repeatedly ask whether it is done yet. What is planned is to get this done as soon as possible, and given that the templates need a redo, and code will likely need to be changed, this is not going to be a half day job.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams