View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default New GARS version has arrived! Shop is open.

GARS v.2.1.8m has been released, and GARS license holders will be given a chance to grab the new package sans payment. Many bugs were squashed, and while it is not completely certain if all bugs were squashed, it is highly recommended that you upgrade due to security issues.

MAKE A BACKUP OF EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU UPGRADE JUST IN CASE SOMETHING GOES HORRIBLY WRONG!

Scared? Don't be, as the new version is currently running on thevbgeek.com, so you can go test it if you wish, but please, please back up your stuff in case you encounter a problem, and please upgrade to this latest version so you receive the security fixes, not to mention a number of bug fixes.

Also, when creating custom modules (those that are not part of the actual downloadable GARS package) YOU MUST SANITIZE DATA. This was not and is not done for you, as custom1 is meant to be, well, custom. Some people may want HTML, some may not, others may use arrays of arrays of arrays, others may only need simple arrays, and still others... well, you get the idea, so make sure you sanitize data. The modules that are included in the downloadable GARS package have been checked for you.

Finally, the shop is again open. Currently only GARS is ready for purchase. The other scripts are currently being developed and will appear in GeekMart when they are ready.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams