View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 05:52 AM

GeekMart License Holder 
Default Buying Downloadables (module suggestion)

Hello! I have a suggestion here. My site is for my band and we want to sell our cd in hard format as well as a downloadable format. For the hard copy, I have it set so there is a shipping price, and of course I get an email, and I send it out. BUT, for the downloadable copy of the cd, I would really like to have it automated.

I don't really want the person to have to wait around for me to get to them and give them a url or something. It would be sweet if we could have a module available that would bring you to a page with a list of any of your files you are permitted to download. (If you bought multiple mp3s, you would have them all available on one page) I personally don't want a time limit that they have access to it, but for others it may be useful.

Now, I could hack up this crazy page that shows conditional information depending on the usergroups. But this is not very fun to manage, which is why I am even porting over to GeekMart .

Anyone else have a thought for this? It could be used for a site such as this, where you go to one page and it shows all of your products you can download, and if nothing is available, you are redirected to the store to buy yourself some access. Or just a notice saying as much.