View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 10:30 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimatrix Prime
The thing is... I'm literally broke at the moment and £15 is roughly US$27.59 for me. It's not to say that I expect to get it for free, but I wouldn't have mind testing a beta product (even if it's buggy). I've got about $10 in my bank account til I start working next week, so while you probably might think I'm just trying to get it for nothing, it's just that I had hoped to get my forum using such things as GAL and GARS before this weekend (since from the looks of it now, some members are suffering from "hack withdrawl" at the moment.. lol )
I think that this is unfair. Do you even have a legit copy of vbulletin? The Geek has stated that the beta testing is closed, so you should accept it and be gracious. He has also stated that he may offer a lite version of GAL on vb.org, which is very generous.

I am sure that everyone can come up with a good reason why they think they need this or that for free or at a reduced rate. Your forum has run without these hacks, and it will continue to run fine without these hacks until you can afford them- your life/livelihood does not depend on you getting these hacks right here, right now for your forum, so please stop begging.

Last edited by yoyo; 09-09-2005 at 10:34 PM..