View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I would agree that either Brian or Elfmage from NuHit are two great candidates. I have products from both and they go out of their way to help users and are incredibly responsive. I've tried speaking to both of them about this situation here... no reponse from Brian, but Elfmage said he would be interested. I would highly suggest you talk to him, as I believe this stuff would fit well into his existing portfolio of products, and they are very active developing new vB related things.

As a bit of background, I have been one of the charter owners of their vB based wiki product, and have been very impressed with his responsiveness to all his customers... both in working on problem, and also on listening to what they want and adding it to the product. He has even been interested in adding hooks that would allow the wiki to work together with GARS created custom fields, although that wasn't done yet... we have a fruitful discussion about it. I think that GARS especially would fit well either in Brian's portfolio, or with Elfmage's... but since Elfmage appears interested... I hope you will speak with him about it.

I am really dependent on these products and it would be a huge problem for me if GARS fell into an unsupported situation... either going dead, or going to .org.... either way I'd start looking for a new solution. I can't depend on the uncertainty of the .org world to provide a critical component to my sites' construction.

Please reach out to Elfmage at nuhit.com.