View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 12:55 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Geek Advertising Banner System

Features

This system is designed to manage static banners, flash banners, rotating image banners, text ads (i.e., Google Adsense), and even butter your freaking toast when you feel like it. Okay, not butter your toast, but there is a detailed readme file that comes with the package.
GAB Key Features
  • Track ad impressions and clickthroughs
  • Set start and expiration dates for ads
  • Show ads to specific usergroups
  • Allow specific usergroups to turn off ads
  • Use image, Flash, text/HTML (e.g., Google Adsense)
Issues

Yeah, yeah, not 100% phrased. Also, new installs of old versions required the following action (because for some odd reason, not doing so could cause an error): After a fresh installation, make sure you save your MASTER script (AdminCP -> GAB Manager -> Scripts -> MASTER -> Save). Nothing was obvious as to the cause of that problem, but if you happen to experience it, save your MASTER script and report the problem.

Installation
  • Copy the files included with this package into their corresponding folders on your server, overwriting existing files.
  • Import the product-gab.xml file via the ACP (AdminCP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product).
  • Make sure to CHMOD the /geek/gab/images directory so that it has 777 permissions so that you are able to upload banners.
Hey Morgan can you post some screen shot ? If i am going to buy this is it like vba, where you simply create a Modula and you insert the add code in it ( adbrite, google, whichever ) and later add that Modula to any page you like ?

Till now , I really don't know how GAB works, more detail would be appreciated.