The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-31-2005, 01:03 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Geekmart install perceptions (vb3.0.8)

just a few QUICK thoughts:

The geekmart seemed to install fine, just like all other geek products however when I add a category/product, and then click on the item I get an error 404 page, adn the URL in the browser looks like this:

http://www.mysite.com/forum/.php?do=displayproduct&id=1

when I add in the geekmart .php I can see the product, of course, but the link from the category page brings me a link like mentioned above.

The settings were a little hard to figure out on my own, but with the help of a few posts here I think I got them figured out. I think it would be nice to have an example after each setting. It would be extra fancy schmansy to have the script fill in the "best guess" for each setting, but an example or further definiton is needed either way. For example: your home URL- is that with/without trailing slash? Is that the home URL of the geekmart .php script, or is it the Home URL of my site/forum? I have a feeling that this may be where my above problems are coming from...

I also don't see any options under "option" on the dropdown in the products pages in the ACP

Instead of a "PayPal URL" setting it might be helpful to have a "Sandbox/Live" tickbox since that setting will basically use one of 2 URL's for that setting.

It would also be nice to have a "view store" option from the ACP.

The "your Geekcart from Geekmart " phrase when adding a category is a little obscure- it would be nice to have better phrases, such as "item successfully added," etc..

Last edited by yoyo; 08-31-2005 at 12:07 PM..
Old 09-03-2005, 12:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

any idea what could be causing this error mentioned above? I am still yet to get this setup properly.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:32 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

try rebuilding your phrases
Old 09-03-2005, 05:21 PM

that did the trick. I should have known better - I always do that as a matter of course. Thanks.