The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-17-2007, 08:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Return of Geekmart Again?

Ok since I just found out the news about Morgan taking things over, I PM'd her, regarding my status as developer of Geekmart , therefore we shall see what goes on from there.

If all goes well, GM will open up for sales again, and I can get my fixes into him for review then addition to the current release.

Please be patient as this process is a grueling one but well worth the wait.

Plus, I don't expect an immediate response from Morgan as I know he has a few things to get cleared up here first.

Cheers to all
Steve

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

aahhh good news, I never put mine up live for fear of something not working right and not having support. I look forward to getting it going, my members are asking to buy things.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:12 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Looking forward to someone supporting it since it still has some problems. I have members who place orders that never show up, and the order list when you click on it shows you nothing about the order, as well as the address that is captured from the buyer is MISSING the state entirely! Despite these issues I have been running it for awhile now because I can't find anything else to do what I want it to do, a shopping cart integrated with vbulletin, is that really so much to ask for???

Welcome Morgan, now get to work!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Yeah I know about those problems, a few I still have yet to solve but the others have been fixed in my version. We'll see if Morgan keeps me or can's me.

Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythotical View Post
... We'll see if Morgan keeps me or can's me.
Hard for me to 'can' you when I didn't hire you.

Seriously though, any special arrangement made between Mythotical and The Geek will need to be finalized with The Geek, as I was not a party to that arrangement. As for ongoing development, if what I have done so far is any indication, I've already made a number of changes that should get rid of several bugs. A new version of GARS is almost ready, and other releases will follow , so I'm not in need of any assistance at the current time. Plus, it's not going to help me get a complete handle on the code if someone else does things for me. That said, I completely understand the frustration felt because things have been down for so long, but rest assured, things will improve.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-30-2007, 06:12 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

well its exciting to see that geekmart is returning. i know there is alot involved in the behind the scenes stuff and thats none of our buisiness.

my only concern is the geek had very limited time for gm and it seemed that gars was a more popular script and bigger priority. i hope that the development or interest in gm continues and dont get put on the back helf as we are very limited to a shopping cart solution for vb.

and if myth dosent continue i would say it was a pleasure and thank you. he was very responsive with support, bugs and feature suggestions.. he brought back interest in what i thought was a dying script. its a shame and we did alot of beta testing and i really though we were close and heading in the right direction.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:36 AM

Morgan, if anything, keep me around as support for now until your used to the code then I would be very happy to return to coding on GM again. Right now my time is takin up by a large project on hand which will just be left with NMAPS so coding GM would be hard for me anyway. So I just ask that you contact me via PM with messenger contact information or at least a phone number so that we can discuss things further and not have to do it in the public forums. BTW, I do need you to contact me regarding GLIC so if you could do that ASAP. I would appreciate it, more details in private.

@Stunt: If anything, I will try to stay around as support until Ms. Morgan is used to the code and feels I can go back to coding GM as well my newest project is released and I can go back to coding on it. LOL

Cheers and thanks
Steve

Old 01-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

I'd love to see GM alive... I bought it even when it was alpha and it didn't work at all, but I didn't loose faith on it because it's the only shopping cart option for vbulletin right now.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:13 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Same here, although I didn't get a chance to purchase it.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:59 AM

GeekMart when is the new version done ?