The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 06-21-2006, 11:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I will like to have an option 2 use different kind of js for different kind of styles we use.

Also optimizing the code is a perfect idea :P I alrewady have nearly 100 gals and i am afraind to add more

Also better integration with vbseo will be perfect
Old 06-21-2006, 12:44 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

er... what do you envision with better vbseo integration?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
er... what do you envision with better vbseo integration?
Check this thread http://www.ayyas.com/high-tech/13595...a-yi-cokertti/ in here the link looks like autolink.php
Old 06-21-2006, 02:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Still stumped as to what you mean (BTW: You may need to rebuild - the micorosoft link is looking batty )
Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Still stumped as to what you mean (BTW: You may need to rebuild - the micorosoft link is looking batty )
I did everything to get rid of that but nothing works If you need i can supply you with admin account to check it.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Glossary system

Though I haven't started it, I have put in the plumbing for a glossary page for users to browse entires and optionally add their own (it also makes entering GAL 's much easier).

Is there something Ive missed?
Well that plus case sensitivity pretty well covers the main points of my wish list
Old 07-20-2006, 07:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Lightbulb Imp Features

Greetings The Geek. I really like the feature of a page where the registered forum members can suggest GAL 's. I dont want to give access to the members to the admin area to add GAL 's but they have such bright ideas for GAL 's and I dont want to miss them. I dont even have the time to add the GAL 's which they have posted in a thread. But I would like the option that I can edit and approve or delete the suggested GAL 's before they show up on the pages. It should be when I click the approve button, they get auto-added to the GALs and I dont have to do copy and paste. And also an option to let specific usergroups to be able to suggest GALs. And there should be a glossary page where all visitors can view all the GAL 's one one page (arranged in categories if possible).

The server load optimization feature is next priority for me as a glossary can be big upto many thousand words. And the server load minimization will be a must for that. I can suggest one other idea for this. Just like there is an option of one specific GAL per post, there can be an option of one GAL per page being viewed or if that is no possible then one GAL per thread.

I would like to see the option of Categories for the GAL 's so that more GAL 's can be systematically stored.

Sticky GAL 's option with close buttons will be great and being able to set the offset more efficiently.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 PM

Sounds like 5.0 will be right up your street then
Old 07-20-2006, 11:21 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

what about the stuff we discussed in PM?
Old 07-21-2006, 07:15 AM

youll have to jog my memory