The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Header image as a thumbnail of 1st attachment?

Does anyone know if this can be done? I would like a GARS post to automatically inherit its header image from the first image attachment in the post. This way people can see the header thumbnail and the actual image when they drill into the post.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I suppose a module could be made for this (dont look at me as I look at my watch!!!).
Old 01-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I don't think this is exactly a module. What I am suggesting is that the header image that is uploaded can be a full size image (which appears in the header (ok via a module )). The image displayed in the threadbit has to be the thumbnail of the larger image.

This keeps it easy for the user, they only upload one image. Also, maybe it is just me but the area inside the header of articles (on the left side) is highly underutilized. A 640x480 image would fit in there perfectly.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:49 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sure, use a thumbnail to original custom field. Then use a module to store the thumbnail as the header image or a module that extracts the thumbnail from the custom field.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 AM

OK, so I created a custom field for a thumbnail.

$thread[gars24]

When I put this into a template I just see the image location. Do I need to do anything else to qualify it? Also, how can I access the original image in full size?

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2007, 03:47 PM

You would need a module that would extract this info at run time and process it accordingly. Hang fire as I may have a solution within the next couple weeks.

HTHs