The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-02-2008, 01:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Upgrade to 2.19 and vb3.7.2 - white pages on showthread

Hi

Gars worked great on vb 3.6.8 and 2.18

However ive upgrade my vb to 3.7.2 and to the latest gars

Main page shows great - however when clicking on a review i get a white page

Ive tried many of the things suggested in the forums but am still stuck

I would hate to have to uninstall / reinstall as I have over 800 movie reviews

I would gladly pay admin here to fix it for me - Would a $20 suffice ?

http://www.digital-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Thanks in advance
Old 07-02-2008, 06:21 PM

can i get some help please - ive paid good money for this hack plus licence renewal - thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please do not bump posts. Last time I answered a question before today was yesterday at 12:54 AM GMT. I usually stop by the forums at least once a day and go through all the questions, unless I need to be AFK for a bit or take a day off.

When there is no error message, just a blank page, there is no clue for me to determine whether this is a GARS problem or a problem related to another modification. Here are some things to try if you receive another blank page:
  • Add a plugin to the gars_ignition_start hook with the following code and see if an error message shows on screen (how to add a plugin):
    Code:
    ini_set('display_errors', true);
  • Temporarily disable all modifications except GARS and see if the problem goes away.
  • Check your server error log for error messages.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-03-2008, 09:23 PM

Hi

I added the plugin and its the same (blank screen)

I have disabled all my mods and it makes no difference (before and after the plugin)

Like I said before it was working perfect before i upgraded. Would you be willing to have a look at it for me if I pay you for your time ?

Thanks
Old 07-05-2008, 11:09 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I am also having the same issue. And I am positive this is a GARS issue as disabling GARS will fix the problem. I have also disabled all other plugins to make sure other hacks was not causing this as well.

Will wait for the admin to reply. Thanks
Old 07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

When I go to this page, I see content, not a blank page. As for blank pages, I don't get any blank pages so I need to know more information about the error in order to help you. "I get a blank page" is unfortunately not enough for me to figure out what is going on with your site. Please try the other things listed in post three.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
When I go to this page, I see content, not a blank page. As for blank pages, I don't get any blank pages so I need to know more information about the error in order to help you. "I get a blank page" is unfortunately not enough for me to figure out what is going on with your site. Please try the other things listed in post three.
Did you click on one of the reviews ?

Yes forumdisplay works ( http://www.digital-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215 ) - I say in the thread topic that the problem was with showthread

eg http://www.digital-forums.com/showthread.php?t=355030

Thanks
Old 07-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Administrator

No, because as a guest all I see is a "There are no posts in this category." message. Hard to see a showthread page when there are none listed. Also, when visiting the showthread link you posted, I get a "You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page." message, not a blank page. In any case, seeing a blank page would not help me help you. I need to know the error you are getting in order to help you. Try checking your server error log for error messages, or see if your host will provide you with PHP error messages generated from your site. The only thing I can suggest, error unknown, is to reFTP all the GARS PHP, XML, and JS files, making sure they are FTPed in ASCII mode.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:46 PM

there are no errors in the logs or otherwise

like I said before I will pay you to log in as admin and fix it for me - it will probably take 5 minutes can you do that ?

you can now also log in as a guest to view correctly

at the end of the day this is an issue that many others are having. Ive paid for this script and it has worked well for me in the past. I believe I have one of the heaviest forums that use Gars - so I expect a little more help and advice seeing as how I've also paid for an extended years licence

Now as I offered several days ago - I will pay you to look at it for me - as the only real solution anyone has offered is to completely uninstall and reinstall again - which is about as useless as a chocolate fireguard.

Thanks

Last edited by Raptor; 07-11-2008 at 07:49 PM..
Old 07-11-2008, 08:33 PM

I may have found the issue

the template refers to the showthread template GARS_showthread - however I do not have that template in the GARS template tree

can you give me that code so I can test - thanks