The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-12-2006, 05:41 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

My preference would be to have something like this: (the first screenshot attachment)

Made available in a template variable that can be placed wherever we want.

As a default location, I would probably place it on the far left of the threadbit.

Something like this: (the second screenshot attachment)

*** EDIT: Inline Attachments Appear to be Disabled, check out the attchments to see the examples ***
Attached Images
File Type: gif GARS_Screen.gif (2.3 KB, 25 views)
File Type: gif GARS_Screen2.gif (14.2 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by WAR; 04-12-2006 at 05:43 PM..
Old 04-12-2006, 06:10 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'm pretty sure that the first one already works this way (though I would have to move out of my chair to find out and thus, I shall be skipping that process right now!). Ill double check and make sure.
The second point is a good one but poses some logic problems as the values are packed into a serialised array which would require unpacking per threadbit (too server intensive). However I was toying around with the concept of caching the results for faster processing and if I did that, then theoretically it would be easy to do what you're after.

Ill check into it and let you know (or just surprise you with the ability!)

Thanks for your input
Old 04-18-2006, 01:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

What I would like to see changed (some how) is the space that is left in the middle. It just looks odd with so much empty space..
Old 04-18-2006, 06:14 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

hey mirzone... what space are you talking about?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:03 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
hey mirzone... what space are you talking about?
In the middle you have the content, but often the content on news articles etc is LESS than the information found to the right (user details, featured). Maybe an idea to have a seperate layout which has more heavy details on the top and less features to the left and right so that the content and the side bars are evenly distributed.