The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 AM

Location: on the outskirts of London with no night life and high taxes
Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Advice on upgrades/installation

Quickie question requesting a bit of advice

I've installed RC2 on my test server running 3.54, got it virtually how I want (except I wanna create my own header images) and everything seems to be working correctly.

I thought I'd have a lot of grief getting things working, but quite the opposite so I'm thinking about installing GARS on my live board (running 3.54)
I did read that it works with 3.6 but also another thread says about waiting for RC3 [unless I misread it]

Did anyone install GARS RC2 on vB3.54 then upgrade their board to vB3.6RC2 and if so did it work ok, or did you have to redo stuff.

I'm just not sure whether its better for me to wait until vB goes gold and THEN install GARS {either RC2 or RC3 depending on what is recommended) or whether its ok for me to install now. How difficult basically would it be to then do the upgrades and would I end up having to redo many steps or recreate posts.

I'd welcome any advice, I'm a novice with GARS, am OK with VB upgrades, and can install hacks with basic idiot guide instructions, but that is the limit to my experience, so I really would welcome opinion.

TIA
Old 07-26-2006, 11:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

My advice wait for gars to go to gold and wait for the vbulletin to go to gold then you will have no problem. I hade problems with gars while upgrading from 3.5.4 to 3.6. So i would suggest to wait if everything is working fine.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:49 AM

Location: on the outskirts of London with no night life and high taxes
Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D
My advice wait for gars to go to gold and wait for the vbulletin to go to gold then you will have no problem. I hade problems with gars while upgrading from 3.5.4 to 3.6. So i would suggest to wait if everything is working fine.
cool thanks Mr.D I appreciate you answering, always better to hear opinions from an experienced users perspective. Thanks for your time. I shall use the time to learn photoshop and make my own images