The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-13-2009, 08:31 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default custom message if no rating

I'm trying to show a single peice of text saying "No ratings yet" if no member has rated a CD that's been reviewed.

I changed the template "GARS_rating_result_bit" to this:

Code:
<if condition="$na">
<tr>
<td align="$stylevar[left]" class="alt1active" style="white-space: nowrap;" colspan="2">
No ratings yet</td></tr>
<else />
<tr><td align="$stylevar[left]" class="alt1active" style="white-space: nowrap;">$question[text]</td><td  class="alt1active" align="$stylevar[right]">$rating_value</td></tr>
</if>
But it just repeats the line "No ratings yet" in place of the different things you can rate. Where can I edit this and also remove the "0 users rated..." part too if no one has rated yet. But show it all when someone has rated.

Here's the page I mean:

http://www.rockonpublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16
Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The GARS_rating_result_bit template is for each rating bit so it would show each time. There is a $bits variable in the following templates that you might be able to edit, but as $bits contains all the bits from each rating, you might not be able to do just one "no ratings yet" unless you edit the code:
Code:
GARS_rating_result_bits0
GARS_rating_result_bits1
GARS_rating_result_bits2
The "0 users rated..." text comes from the following phrases. Go to the ACP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases and in the Search for Text box do a search for each of these (make sure to mark the Phrase Variable Name Only radio button) and there you can edit the phrases:
Code:
GARS_x_user_rated_y_percent
GARS_x_users_rated_y_percent
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM

They seem to have managed it on this site:

http://absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=1270162

I don't know if there will still be no member rating when you view it but if you view a review with no member rating on there site there's a custom yellow box saying "No one has rated yet, be the first..." kind of thing.

Any ideas?
Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It sounds like a code edit to the $bits variable in the code and then maybe a template conditional to display the message.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-18-2009, 01:54 PM

Sorry it's been a while... do you know how i can do this? Bit of a novice - would love the feature...
Old 01-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Administrator

Sorry, haven't done it so the best advice I can give for the modification is in post two.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:43 PM

Hey. Just checking in to say that I cracked it and this is how it's done:

In the template, GARS_rating_result_bits1:

Code:
<if condition="$numberofusers < 1">
<tr>
<td>

No one has rated yet.

</td>
</tr>
<else />