The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-28-2008, 08:50 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Question VBlog compatibility?

Hello!

I love GAL plugin, but it doesn't work on the blogs of my forum (powered by vblog mod).

Any way I could make it work?

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:14 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Good question, I tried a long time ago to make it work by adding in the blog page or whatever it was to the GAL config, but nothing in the blogs ever was processed so I don't have a solution, but I concur, it would be nice if there was.

Anyone???
Old 12-02-2008, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Nope, GAL was coded before vBulletin Blog so GAL currently works on the forums but not the blogs. As it hasn't been done, not sure what it would take to get GAL working on the blogs.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-02-2008, 11:16 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It would be an excellent addition to the plugin.

If anyone knows about this kind of coding, please give you opinion here...
Old 07-16-2009, 02:37 PM

I just found out that if we add the "THIS_SCRIPT" for the vblog pages to the GAL configuration it would probably work. Does anyone know the "THIS_SCRIPT" value for vblog pages?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:51 PM

Ok, I am almost there. I managed to make the links appear on the blog pages, using the setup "Additional scripts to activate GAL on"

But the links on the blog are not linking right. On the forum, the links are parsed through GAL and work fine. On the blog, links are wrong.

To explain better:
On the forum, correct way: www.my-site.com/go/other-site
On the blog, wrong way: http://www.my-site.com/forum/www.my-.../go/other-site

Why would this happen?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:17 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Can you tell me what you did to get to the point you are at where at least the links show up and perhaps I can help you troubleshoot from there.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:24 PM

Ahh I see the problem in the box I put "blog" but what I needed to put was "blog," I was missing the trailing comma, now my GAL entries show up in the Blogs and the links work correctly for me. Woot!
Old 07-17-2009, 01:01 PM

Yeah, it works fine right now. The link problem was because I forgot to add http to the links.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:06 AM

btw I tried adding "showproduct" to get it to show up in the PhotoPost reviews and/or Classifieds and that didn't work. I did, however, add in "adv_index" and now it shows up on my home page where I use vbadvanced cmps.