The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-13-2008, 11:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Whenever Morgan gets a chance to go through it and update code if he feels it needs it, etc.

My trip to AZ was a success
Old 02-11-2008, 08:12 AM

any eta to new version
Old 02-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

No ETA but when it's ready it'll appear here.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-23-2008, 10:45 PM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I have to say, I have checked in here for the last year or so every couple weeks to see if it's avail for sale yet. It's all I wanted for Christmas, but santa said it wasnt avail

I would love to see GeekMart available again. I had purchased it a long time ago, but it was the day TheGeek took it off the market and my pmt was rejected, so i missed out my skin of my teeth! Grr... so i have been patiently waiting it's availability for a long time.

Morgan, are there any plans for further developing this modification anytime within the next month or so?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Both GAZ and GMart are undergoing changes and will again be available when they are ready. As to specific time frames, that I cannot say as it depends on how the development comes along.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-20-2008, 06:17 PM

any eta to new version
Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Administrator

GAZ is up, GM is next. As to specific time frames, that I cannot say as it depends on how the development comes along.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
GAZ is up, GM is next. As to specific time frames, that I cannot say as it depends on how the development comes along.
It would be really good to have an update on this.

All projects have required timelines so we need at least a rough idea of when your product will be ready I am going to have to find another option otherwise
Old 06-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4288
Old 07-01-2008, 11:11 PM

Hi Morgan,

Cheers for the update on that other thread

I've been thinking about what really really useful stuff I would personally like in the next release. These may already be in it (I cant find a spec list), but if not, I am very hopeful that people will agree with me!

What: An automatic mailing list compiler
Why: With hundreds of orders in a short period of time anticipated for my product, it is far too labour intensive to enter the customer's details into a database to use as delivery details for the product/for future promotions

2. To be able to run reports on customers who purchased a set product/group of products, within a defined time period.

3. Compatibility with Google Checkout

4. To have 'hidden' products that can only be found through a specific url.

What: After the customer purchases a specified product/group of products/an order that doesn't not contain a certain product, for them to be redirected to a page that tells the customer why they really should purchase a certain product(s).

There should also be the ability for the seller to offer them a special offer on that product(s) (i.e. using the hidden deal idea again).

....you see this kind of thing a lot on 'get rich quick websites'.

It is important that you 'push' the product after the purchase, as you don't want to do anything to put off the customer from purchasing. Pushing it after the main purchase does not interrupt their purchase, and therefore does not negatively affect their sales experience....in the long run this is VERY important for repeat purchases/word of mouth (I work in Trading dept. of a large retail company...is it obvious?

Just to put this into context.....
- My product will disable (aka 'unlock') pretty much any cell phone from being 'locked' for use with a certain phone network operator.
- A fantastic add-on sale would be for them to purchase a 'Sim4Travel' phone sim, which allows them to make really big savings on calls when they travel abroad. They can't use it unless their phone is unlocked to all networks.

Why: Good for the customer, good for the seller. Increases customer feelings of 'closeness' with the seller.

Hope you like!!

Callum