The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 11-17-2008, 02:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Category that houses reviews doesn't scale (width) like the rest of the site?

Hi,

Take a look at this forum: http://pcshoptalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 and scroll down a bit.

It's a category that contains a subcategory (Reviews) which houses GARS-forums.

It also contains 2 other subcategories (News and Press Releases). For some reason this page (the Reviews section in particular) isn't scaling to the full width of the rest of the forums. Is this related to GARS or is it something in VB that I need to fix? Any ideas?

TIA
Old 11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

That looks like it might be a problem with the skin. Go to http://validator.w3.org/ and enter http://pcshoptalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27 for the address, and have it check the XHTML for errors. At a minimum, the ones you should fix are as follows:
  • Line 644, Column 6: end tag for "div" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified.
  • Line 1076, Column 7: end tag for element "tbody" which is not open.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 AM

Are you sure it's directly related to the skin? It's only an issue when GARS sub-forums are displayed. Could it be code in GARS that's conflicting? I can't seem to find the specific issue.

I guess I'm asking if you know of any particular GARS templates that regulate page width that I could possibly modify to remedy this problem.

Thanks!

Last edited by mikhailtech; 11-28-2008 at 02:45 AM..
Old 11-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The following width options are available under the ACP -> GARS -> Types -> click a type link, though what you might try is to temporarily disable all add-ons except for GARS and view the page with the default vB skin and see if the misalignment is still present:
  • Width for module container on forumdisplay pages
  • Block Width
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 11-29-2008, 10:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Turns out it is something with the skin and unrelated to GARS