The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Modifications > Add-ons

Add-ons Modifications and add-ons for vB Geek stuff.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Comment

Release Tools Display Modes

Old 05-10-2006, 07:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default vba CMPS GARS block

This is just a quick vba Module I threw together to try and please the 'Damnit - come up with vba support' people.

This will create 3 different layouts depending on the modules...

Last edited by The Geek; 04-14-2007 at 11:53 AM..
By gothic on 05-17-2006, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygren
Can you get the synopsis to work, gothic? On my setup, the text is pulled from the main text although I write a synopsis...
Got to admit that we haven't written synopsis yet. When everything is up and running, and we start populating the news manually we will start using more features
By defcon420 on 05-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Question

okay so whats the verdict guys? is 2.0beta stable and reasonably bug free and does this plugin perform? apart from the file edit is there any other problems that have surfaced?
sorry for the 50 questions, just wanna know how it is.
By gothic on 05-17-2006, 10:37 AM

Gotta be honest and say that the only cause for concern is the bbcode not being parsed within the vBA mod. Other than that I have found no issues.
I do have it live, albeit not fully operational. (see my last post here)
By The Geek on 05-17-2006, 01:49 PM

I havent had any problems with it - but as I stated in the first post - it was more or less a bone I was throwing out in hopes someone else would pick it up.

Then again that seldom happens

I look back into it when I have time. I think it works for most situations. Depends on what you need.
By gothic on 05-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I havent had any problems with it - but as I stated in the first post - it was more or less a bone I was throwing out in hopes someone else would pick it up.

Then again that seldom happens

I look back into it when I have time. I think it works for most situations. Depends on what you need.
I sincerely hope you didn't misunderstand me.... (possibly, that last was posted before my first injection of pure-caffiene ) I really am 'dancing round in circles and throwing my arms round wildly' happy with the module
By defcon420 on 05-17-2006, 02:40 PM

yah this module is a bit of fun and i really thank you for spending the time to do it, actually it gave me a bit of inspiration to install GARS 2 beta 1 and work with the old ioncube.
Install Sucess
just playing with the formatting images checkin for bugs n alike.
Great job again Geek i'll be buying another copy very shortly for another website of mine.
By The Geek on 05-17-2006, 03:10 PM

Sorry guys - I didnt mean to come across harsh - I was just saying it was a bone I was throwing out and I know it needs some more attention. I was just hoping more would give it that attention aside from me as I want my code time to go into the big 2.0
By defcon420 on 05-20-2006, 02:41 PM

hmmmm geek can u update the install +1
I have 2 sites with GARS now and i can only click install once here
ty
By The Geek on 05-20-2006, 04:44 PM

hehe. Thanks. I doubt it will help me to win HoTM here though

THe install thing is just a test of the add on I released. IMO it needs some more attention - I would just rather spend that attention on other issues right now
By dwbro1 on 06-04-2006, 02:48 AM

I'm have a little problem with the image not displaying here is the path that it is trying to load from on the display

http://www.mydomain.org/forumshttp:/...ages/2/tor.gif

I have played with the default image path in the gars.php file over and over and nada. Any thoughts?
Comment

Release Tools