The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Custom Fields

I added a bunch of custom fields, and i can't get them to display the custom field module. I have all the custom fields associated with my GARS type (check marks in the custom field section in Types editor) but when i go into the Custom field module of my new module set, i see all my fields, with a checkbox for yes. When i click yes, nothing happens.

How do i make the custom fields display?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Go to Modules, pick the module of interest, add Custom Fields where you want them to show, click the Custom Fields link that appears afterwards, select Yes to those custom fields of interest, save, and then go to Types, pick the modules set, and tick the custom fields you want.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 PM

I did that and the fields still don't display.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Please double check that you did all of these steps when setting up the GARS custom fields:
  1. Set up a custom field via the ACP -> GARS -> Custom Fields
  2. Add the custom fields module via the ACP -> GARS -> Modules
  3. Set the custom fields options by clicking the Custom Fields link
  4. Tick the custom fields to use via the ACP -> GARS -> Types
For the third one, go to the ACP -> GARS -> Modules -> click the module set containing the custom fields, look for a Custom Fields link, and click it to set the options.

Are you using the default GARS templates? If not, then the templates you are using might not have the code to show the custom fields, so you'd need to look at the default GARS templates and copy-paste from them to the templates you are using. If you are using the default GARS templates, then it is likely that one of the above steps was missed.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-17-2009, 12:44 AM

I have followed the exact same steps but my custom fields are not shown.

May I know how should i proceed from here please?

Thanks in advance.

I have managed to resolve it ... apparently i have to click on default custom fields module and set Yes on my created fields.

Last edited by kellogs; 10-17-2009 at 12:58 AM..