The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Modifications > Tutorials

Tutorials Tutorials and articles on using vB Geek stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes
Testing with PayPal
Testing with PayPal
Published by The Geek
08-24-2005
Default Introduction

GeekMart integrates with PayPal's Instant Payment Notification system that alerts GeekMart when an item has been physically paid for regardless if the payment was made with a credit card or a paypal balance transfer.

To facilitate testing , PayPal has set up a 'snadbox' that emmulates every aspect of the normal PayPal service except for one: No money ever changes hands.

That means you can set up GeekMart to work with PayPal's sandbox in order to test out the facilities before you actually go live.

In this tutorial ill walk through the steps required to set up a sandbox account and configure GeekMart to send and recieve information to the sandbox instead of the real Mcoy.
Tutorial for
GeekMart

Contents

Tutorial Tools
Show Printable Version  Email this Page 

<< <    Next Page: Lets get started! (Page 1 of 3)    >  >>
By yoyo on 08-31-2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
When you have a business account set up, select the account and click Launch Sandbox.
I think you mean "Developer" instead of "Business" account. This can be confusing to people, since a business account on PayPal requires giving them your social security number, etc.. I have used the sandbox, and they do not require you to have a business account, so I just wanted to clarify this.
By The Geek on 09-03-2005, 09:02 AM

I think you need a business account to use IPN for real. You dont need it for sandbox testing , but I think youll need it when you go live (not 100% sure on that though)
By webDressing on 09-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Question

How would you adapt this to work with MoneyBookers? PayPal does not protect virtual transactions.
By The Geek on 09-20-2006, 07:24 AM

A new paymemt handler would have to be created for it. Ill revisit it when I reopen devlopment on it
Comment

Tutorial Tools