The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-08-2005, 07:57 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default vbAdvanced integration

I added the line to my news.php file to get GAL popups in my news articles but theres a small problem with it. The link its trying to goto is busted though it works when I click on the [Read More] link which puts me into vBulletin proper. You can see the problem at http://www.vanguardspheres.com.

front page link = /autolink.php?id=1&script=adv_index&forumid=

vbulletin link = /autolink.php?id=1&script=showthread&forumid=2

Basically the wrong script and no forumid are being passed.

Last edited by Pirotess; 10-08-2005 at 07:59 PM..
Old 10-08-2005, 08:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Thats the right script and there is no forumid as it isnt in a forum. These variables are used when recording stats. If it so happens that you are in a forum, it will record the stat per script, per form. If your not in a fourm (ie a private message) it just groups them together by the private script.

Hope this makes sense
Old 10-08-2005, 08:43 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Right, I see the problem.... The redirect script is defaulting to the current directory whereas yours is in your fourm folder.

Let me mull on this. It may require a file edit until I can release a minor patch.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:52 PM

Try putting a copy of autolink.php in your root folder (the same folder your vBaCMPS index page is in).

You will have to make an edit to the copied file though.

find:
PHP Code:
require_once('./global.php'); 
and change to
PHP Code:
require_once('.forums/global.php'); 
Or change forums in the above line to whatever folder your vb directory is.
I havent tested this - but I dont see why it wouldnt work.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2005, 09:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Tried that and it complains.

Warning: main(/home2/vanguard/public_html/includes/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/vanguard/public_html/forums/global.php on line 23
Old 10-11-2005, 08:36 AM

Ive done a new build to address this and a couple other issues. I want to look into the deleting a category issue and then ill release an update possibly tonight.