The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2006, 03:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default The shop is closed!

Hey all,

Just thought I would give you all a quick heads up. The ability to purchase my scripts is on hold for a little while.

Why?

The plain and simple fact is that they are far more popular than I dreamt of and that popularity is grinding my development of projects to a halt. More people buying scripts = more people requesting support = less time to work on open issues and further development.

Therefore I have made the decision to temporarily prevent any more additional purchases of Geek scripts until I can progress my projects further and get ahead of schedule.

Thanks for your support and understanding!
Old 03-24-2006, 04:59 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Unhappy noooooooo!

Poop. I was planning on buying some of your scripts this weekend!

Any guestimates on how long you're going to have sales on hold?

Old 03-24-2006, 05:34 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

This may spread piracy
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-24-2006, 07:15 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I've got to do whats right b the guys that have already paid me

If youre really desperate, Im sure I can get you what you want. Its not that I dont want to sell scripts, I just want to lower my support time to maximise my development time.
At the rate Im going, Ill have 5 minutes a week to code with all the users to support

Oh the trials and tribulations of being a one man band!
Old 03-24-2006, 09:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Hire someone for support, problem solved
Old 03-25-2006, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I've got to do whats right b the guys that have already paid me

If youre really desperate, Im sure I can get you what you want. Its not that I dont want to sell scripts, I just want to lower my support time to maximise my development time.
At the rate Im going, Ill have 5 minutes a week to code with all the users to support

Oh the trials and tribulations of being a one man band!
Darn, I finally found a banner system that looks easy enough I can use. phpadsnew was just too much for me and try and learn with my limited amount of time. I came across your mod at vBulletin.org and hence, found your place. Nice site! I would still love to have this even if your not supporting it as of now. I need to get some kind of banner system up, and yours looks to be just what I need!
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-25-2006, 06:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder 

Hi Geek

Not good for me ... I want to buy your shop system with the vbBux / vbPlaza addon in the next 30 days for releasing an old dream, a dream the last years ... Will there be a way to get the shop with this addon from you?

Last edited by Alluidh; 03-29-2006 at 12:46 PM..
Old 03-25-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirzone
Hire someone for support, problem solved
Its not that simple... I've tried Problem is, as popular as the scripts are, there really isnt much moolah in it to hire a support guy. Only real option would be to raise the price of the scripts which I really would rather avoid.

Anyway, if someones really pressed, just PM me and Ill see what I can do. The purpose isnt to bum people out, its to prevent people being let down.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2006, 09:23 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milad
This may spread piracy
I don't think that it may, I know that it will. That's just the world we live in. People always try and get what they want and darn everything else. I support your decision and the reasons for it. I'm just saying.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-25-2006, 09:55 PM

It makes it faster and easier to track down the butt pirates when the coral is closed so to speak

There is little that can be done for thiefs except drop licenses for those that spread the scripts, report sites that distribute and also laugh histerically when they bob round here for support or get stuck with outdated versions.