The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-06-2006, 02:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default GAL permission control

I maybe a little braindead this morning so if this is simple please forgive me.

I was wondering if there was a way to control who can create GAL 's? I have admins and mods on my site and I want to allow admins and modertators access to creating new GAL 's. Checked usergroup permissions and did not see GAL listed
Old 10-06-2006, 03:53 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not to create... however I am pleased as punch to say that in 5.0, there is a way to specify which usergroups can create/edit GAL and Dictionary entries... all with the WYSIWYG editor
Old 10-06-2006, 03:59 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Awesome, I am assuming that I will be able to download 5.0 once it is released?

Also, if you want someone to beta test 5.0 let me know...redtailboa.net is a fairly large site and we plan to implement GAL with 100's maybe 1000's of entries
Old 10-06-2006, 04:24 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Im prepping up an alpha for private testing this weekend. Once that goes through and I finish up some core functionality then I will release a beta for all current license holders to access. This version is far more complex than the earlier versions and is designed for a hed load of entries on a large site so yours would be great, however I have to get the damn thing ready first. Just keep an eye on release info
Old 10-06-2006, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Im prepping up an alpha for private testing this weekend. Once that goes through and I finish up some core functionality then I will release a beta for all current license holders to access. This version is far more complex than the earlier versions and is designed for a hed load of entries on a large site so yours would be great, however I have to get the damn thing ready first. Just keep an eye on release info
Can't wait!