The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Module columns gone

Been running GARS successfully for several months now with no issues. This morning I upgraded to the latest version (GARS_2.0_RC4d) on VB 3.5.4 and no matter what I try - I cannot get my left or right columns to appear.

I've reverted my templates after the install, re-upped the files and re-installed (overwritten) the product xml - but I'm without anything except my main content in Showthread and a very bland full page width list of articles/reviews etc. in Forumdisplay view

Now I'm quite sure I've overlooked something - but I'm fresh out of ideas now.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 08-31-2006, 05:18 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

**bump**

Any ideas on what things I can check anyone?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

do you have your geek/gars/cache and all its subfolders chmodded to 0777? Also do you have the Cache Settings option enabled?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:32 PM

Yes to all those (just double checked).

Everything was fine until I ran the upgrade - as soon as I'd done that my columns were gone and nothing I can find will bring them back.

I've even tried it with my previous version of the Forumdisplay template in case something has broken there - no good I'm afraid .

Also - in case there's a clue there - it's not just the left & right columns which are affected - no matter where I try and place a module including:

- below/above thread list in Showthread
- above/inside/below header and below content in Forumdisplay

all these positions are affected as well.

Last edited by guvner; 08-31-2006 at 08:43 PM..
Old 08-31-2006, 08:51 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

But the cache settings was not an option in the old version, nor was chmodding the cache folder (didnt exist in the old version). Are you positive that they are set to on and they have been chmodded?
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 PM

I don't think I suggested that the cache settings were in place from a previous version - I meant that I'd changed them after the upgrade and just double checked after your suggestion.

Since the cache seems to be your primary thinking - here are a couple of pics to confirm it's set up correctly.

I have to go to work now but any other ideas would be appreciated - maybe later I need to give you access?

Thanks - Mike
Old 09-01-2006, 07:48 AM

yea, drop me access in a PM