The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 AM

...also(!)

1) Some kind of stock control system so that you can input how much stock you have to sell (and update it when you get more in), and with every sale the stock level goes down.
....and the ability to be able to enable a settings where:

a) The product becomes unavailable for sale when it either i) runs out of stock, or 2) runs up a certain number of backorders.

b) An automated email is sent to a pre-specified email address telling them to hurry up and get more stock! (once stock levels hit a pre-specified amount for the respective product). It would be even more impressive if it was able to calculate a sales forecast and then use that as a deciding factor in when it emails a stock alert.

2. To be able to view visual charts/summaries of these stock sales forecasts.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 AM

Sick of me yet?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by callumbush View Post
Sick of me yet?

The merge posts modification came to mind.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-06-2008, 04:59 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Morgan,
Enjoy the holiday then when you get back please release Geekmart !
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 AM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Are you still on holiday?

Just checking in to see if you are ready for me to start testing Geekmart yet.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I returned on Monday, just as I said I would, and I'm not looking for any testers at this time. If/when I need any more testers, I know where to look.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-22-2008, 05:12 AM

Ok stares around at stuff to send out and shrugs....
Old 07-24-2008, 07:28 AM

Morgan,

I just got word today that we are going to run our annual calendar sale again this year (I used geekmart for it last year) which means we'll have at least 200 new orders coming into the Geekmart system. I'd really love having some fixes in place before this starts because otherwise I have to transfer order details for each order individually to a spreadsheet to send to the calendar maker who is making and shipping them to the buyers and doing that 200 times isn't really something I'm looking forward to. Anything you can do to help would be appreciated, heck I'll send you a calendar!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Understandable, and I'd love to be completed with the new version so you could use it, but it is not quite ready. Once it is done, an announcement will be posted.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Understandable, and I'd love to be completed with the new version so you could use it, but it is not quite ready. Once it is done, an announcement will be posted.

Morgan, I fully understand but is there any chance you can give me a ballpark as to when something might be available such as (in 30 days, in 60 days, in 90 days) etc? I certainly wouldn't hold your feet to the fire, but it would give me a way of estimating and deciding how to process the orders. For example if you said 30 days I'd probably hold off on using the current version and just wait, if you said 60 days it could go either way, if you said 90 then I would almost certainly use the existing version. Thus, I'm hoping you can give me alittle guidance that will help me, if you need to do it privately hey that's fine with me I can keep it to myself.