The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default I am stucked..

I have been trying to make Gal work for hours but cant make it work. I have read through the forum copied the setup from
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3934
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4158
and a couple of others with the same depressing result. I might be to tired even after 7 cups of coffee

At the moment I am willing to pay to have someone to set up Gal for me just so I can see how it should be done.. Could anyone help me?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:39 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What is the problem you face.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:20 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Well, It installed fine, but I don't understand how I can make it auto link. Do I need to add any html code anywhere or does Gal as I suspect the job? If I let a non mod ore admin add keywords, where do they do that?

Anyway I did exactly as Morgan wrote in this post and tried what JustAskJulie did in this post with the exception that I added keywords.

Still the same problem.. nothing links
I suspect that I am doing something completely wrong and cause of an overdose of coffee are not able to see the error.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:59 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What did you enter in the Keywords box, does the keyword get &amped; in the HTML source of the webpage? If so, see this thread. Does the keyword in the HTML source appear between other HTML tags like <font> or <b> or <i> etcetera? If so, GAL tends not to link those keywords in order to avoid messing up the HTML, though you can set a different regular expression if you want. Also, make sure the Auto Link is set to yes, and under Categories, use gal_link_popup in the Links column and use gal_content_popup_rounded in the Content column to get the pop-up to display like on this site.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-20-2008, 09:27 AM

the html source looks like this:
Code:
<!-- message -->
		<div id="post_message_6">Test.. . klovn, klovnefisk, korall *korall /w klown fisk fisker<!-- GAL --></div>
		<!-- / message -->
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Also, make sure the Auto Link is set to yes, and under Categories, use gal_link_popup in the Links column and use gal_content_popup_rounded in the Content column to get the pop-up to display like on this site.
As far as my tired eyes can see Aut Link is set to yes.

Last edited by Frogger; 05-20-2008 at 06:32 PM..
Old 05-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What is the keyword that is supposed to be auto-linked in that message? Is that keyword in the keywords box in the ACP -> GAL -> Display -> click a keyword -> look at 'Keywords (comma delimited)' box?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-10-2008, 07:25 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

i have the same problem. My keyword is set to "Starbuzz Tobacco" and I have the URL field set, and have the campaign set on "Active"

but it doesnt work (ex: here)
Old 06-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Double check the following items and make sure that 'Auto Link' is set to yes for that keyword.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each category, make sure all 'Forums' are checked and all 'Usergroups exempt from category' are unchecked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each dictionary, make sure all 'Usergroups that can view entries' are checked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Permissions, and for each usergroup and each dictionary, set the permissions as you prefer.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Display, and for each keyword, make sure all 'Auto-link' are checked and the status is active.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Maintenance, and run the two 'Cache' options.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I just did all of those and still no change....
Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Check that Status is set to Active for the keyword. Double check that 'Auto Link' is set to yes for the keyword.