The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I think you should have one last "fire sale" with a "no support" disclaimer - perhaps at a discounted price, but maybe not. I've only purchased GARS, but knowing that your other scripts may become unavailable, I would purchase more.

I like my GARS'd site - not many others out there have it and it makes a generic vB site more unique. This would be lost if your scripts were to go to .org as *everyone* else would also be using GARS/GAL etc..

I don't think you should release as free products.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Stop development, stop sales, and appoint a good mod/admin so this site can continue with peer support. Your existing customer base then maintains the value of their investment as it does not become a free product and we have something unique. You are then able to take up development again if things settle down.

2. Assuming the process is automated, continue selling "as is" at a "no support" price. I would purchase these products still - and am now regretting not having done so earlier!

$0.02
________
Video Sex

Last edited by dartho; 03-12-2011 at 02:30 AM..
Old 10-14-2007, 05:48 AM

I have messaged the owner about taking over this product, upgrading it and supporting all past clients.

I am awaiting his response.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myGamer View Post
I have messaged the owner about taking over this product, upgrading it and supporting all past clients.

And may i ask who are you ?
What is your exprience with vBulletin coding ?
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-14-2007, 03:36 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Not sure whats going on... I've talked to ElfMage a couple of times at NuHit... he said he's sent a couple of emails to TheGeek at the requested email address and not even gotten a response. I guess its time to look for a new articles and news system...
Old 10-15-2007, 01:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
Not sure whats going on... I've talked to ElfMage a couple of times at NuHit... he said he's sent a couple of emails to TheGeek at the requested email address and not even gotten a response. I guess its time to look for a new articles and news system...
Is there any out there? I am sad about the whole situation. I understand life happens, but from a consumer stand point I have paid for all but one of his products including the additional service for updates and downloads and it's all of waiste of money because there could be issues with the next vbulletin upgrades that can cause these scripts to no longer work.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
That's the same situation with several other people as well, some of whom were mentioned/recommended in this thread.

Likely Sam's issues that are taking his time away from the site is also causing him to be delayed in getting back to everybody.

Free Fonts ~ Digital Photography Help
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael-MI View Post
Is there any out there?
not to take away the spotlight from GARS, but there is always vbdynamics from vbadvanced
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by myGamer View Post

hmm - only 2 posts here - what is your coding experience? experience with vbgeek's products?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:43 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
not to take away the spotlight from GARS, but there is always vbdynamics from vbadvanced
Thanks yoyo. I have not checked out Brian's script but will right now.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Major difference between GARS and vBDynamics is that vBDynamics isn't *in* the forums in any way. They won't show up in forum searches etc, it's really just a separate database driven system. It's really not the same thing as GARS at all, GARS gives you the ability to heavily customize vBulletin FORUMS for specific purposes. ::shrug::

James and Susan