The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-01-2007, 06:41 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Sam, please let me know if there is anything we can do to help
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I've just decided to upgrade vB from 3.5.4 to 3.6.8. So, of course, I wanted to get the newest GARS version which supports, as I have lot of garsed forums. I've been shocked to see there is no licence renewal button any more and hopped over this thread.

I can understand when you need time for setting your crisis, but I agree with others in this thread, when suggesting to reopen the licence renewal and download option without support from you.

That would be pretty much okay for me, as I rely on your script very much.

All the best,
Andreas, an Austrian User
Old 09-01-2007, 08:54 PM

Well said, Marv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Dear Sam,

I guess i can understand in which situation you are. When my father was about to die in 2005 I had to close my site for several obvious reasons. It took nearly a year until I was able to get back to the site and reopen it - in a totaly different way.

I dont know what is happening in your family, but I clearly understand that there is something threatening a family member or your whole family. And at that point I want to show my respect and my support for you and your family.

I highly aprecciate, that you set your family over everything else. Not everyone is doing that. And I also clearly understand and see, that every crisis needs some backup und support from others - especially when a part of your monthly income breaks away and is even needed more then ever before.

Sam, let me say it this way: here we are.

The way you acted as stated in your quote is the fairest behaviour that I could imagine and ever experienced in my 20 years worldwideweb- and when I now say Thank you, be sure this one comes from the heart.

I would like to encourage you to reopen the purchase of your scripts under the following conditions:
  • all script will be non-supported
  • all scripts will be downloaded at own risk and no warranty of functionality
  • all scripts are purchased in the as-it-is-status.
"I will always set the mission first. I will never quit. I will never accept defeat - and I will never leave a fallen comrade."
Words I have sworn in a slightly different way while being in the service and later had become the basis of my daily life.

Sure, in the back of my mind I know that I would like to use some of your scripts. But thats not my primary focus. I can live without them - but I also don´t wanna let you down, when you have shown an outstanding fair behaviour, loyality to your customers and excellent service throughout the years. I wasn´t build for that.

In addition to that I wanna ask you to post your paypal-adress or your bank account. Why? Because I and I guess a couple of guys here would like to support you and your family in a financial way.

Gimme a tip on my shoulder when there is something else I can do for you.
Keep up, mate. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Marv.
Old 09-02-2007, 03:26 PM

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time, and I agree with everyone else, family and personal life must always come first.

Personally I'm not keen on you 'giving away' the scripts to another coder, unless it's only a temporary solution, where, when you are ready, you take them back and carry on here as usual. Perhaps in this instance, you can give the coder who does take them on a cut of all sales (whilst they are in charge of them) so long as they support them adequately.

Another option is to reduce your price to half, and continue to sell them with no official support here - simply explain the situation (as you already have here) and say that support will only be provided by members of this community, and not officially. If you think you can come back within 6 months I think this would be acceptable to most.

I hope these suggestions are helpful, and hope you get things sorted soon and we see you back here when you're good and ready.

All the best.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-02-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelFX View Post
Sam, please let me know if there is anything we can do to help
Let PixelFX and Darkwaltz4 take this over if you are going to give it to someone because these guys run vbcredits.com and many mods over there so... plus there support is really good as well Just a suggestion.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:39 AM

I just found this site and I am sorry to hear about this crisis. I am very much interested in the product none-the-less, and would love to look into purchasing a few licenses, even if un supported. Please consider this as an option, and best of wishes in your familly emergancy.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:06 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raze View Post
Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time, and I agree with everyone else, family and personal life must always come first.

Personally I'm not keen on you 'giving away' the scripts to another coder, unless it's only a temporary solution, where, when you are ready, you take them back and carry on here as usual. Perhaps in this instance, you can give the coder who does take them on a cut of all sales (whilst they are in charge of them) so long as they support them adequately.

Another option is to reduce your price to half, and continue to sell them with no official support here - simply explain the situation (as you already have here) and say that support will only be provided by members of this community, and not officially. If you think you can come back within 6 months I think this would be acceptable to most.

I hope these suggestions are helpful, and hope you get things sorted soon and we see you back here when you're good and ready.

All the best.
This sounds good to me
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Geek... I'm not even sure you are (or able) to read these posts but the outpouring of support should tell you that your absence is felt and we all wish you the very best.

As to the scripts side of things... Considering all of us have installed (and use(d) ) hacks from vb.org with absolutely no support or in some cases, being made to feel stupid from the mod maker for asking for help.

Anyone who knows you and your addons know that you provide a quality script and a quality service. There are many of us who need/want to update licenses or what to expand with new licenses.

I heartily throw my hat into the ring of opening the sales again with the proviso that people know and accept that support may be limited or non-existent.

I know that if I had a problem with one of your products that you'd be here in a heart beat to fix it, that said, I also know that we have brilliant users who are great coders in their own right who are happy to help where/when they can. In this vain, I'd happily pay you for your software and hope for the best.

Take care of yourself and yours mate, and I hope that all is coming around... But, to cut off your nose to spite your face won't help anyone!

Just my $.02 for what its worth!
Old 09-09-2007, 10:40 PM

Thumbs up

Only two words in case like this: Good Luck!
Of heart
Old 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Samuel,

You're absolutely right--family always comes first! I just wanted to throw my support behind you. I've weathered many a family crisis in my time, and know how emotionally (and physically!) draining they can be. I'm hoping and praying for strength and comfort for you (and your family) throughout the ordeal.

Rebecca
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads