The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-29-2006, 10:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAL 5.0 Alpha 2 preview

I have just uploaded Alpha 2 to the site here tonight to start running additional tests. I have spent the last 4 days reworking the javascript and its done my nut in. I think that is most of the way sorted now (it needs some clean up though). It also needs quick reply to plug into the system.

The post caching system is working now (its what I am primarily testing here) however there needs to be some retooling before it is made availible. There are a few problems that have come to light putting it on the site tonight but once I get those ironed out, we shall have a beta.

For the most part - the hard stuff is done. Its now about bringing it all together! Just as an FYI: the follow style seems to be working OK now (let me know). Same with the stay open style. Please note that you can position them to appear in 1 of 4 places (top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right). The only one I have outside the default bottom left is the follow box.

Please do me a favour and test with different browsers too (especially safari).

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:04 AM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

That's great news! My mouse is getting itchy already waiting for this... let me know if we can help you test it!
Old 09-30-2006, 06:29 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Testing away here
Old 09-30-2006, 10:12 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

everything is perfect
thevbgeek.com Pr is going to be 5 and we also gonna have gal 5
Old 10-01-2006, 04:42 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hi Sam,

I'm running Safari 1.3.2 on Panther. The links for the stay open stays till you run the cursor over another link. Then dispappears. The follow link opens a window over my toolbar at the bottom only showing the header image and then quickly disappears.

I then did more surfing around the site and discovered the first mouseover is fine though it doesn't follow the my mouse. If you post a link or examples I'll check more out.

FYI: Once I edited this IE6 didn't recognize the links in this post anymore. Though it did for the ones above.

Last edited by Webmist; 10-01-2006 at 04:53 AM..
Old 10-01-2006, 05:00 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

On Firefox 1.5.0.7 on the follow link it seems to have a problem with the header background image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg follow_link.jpg (16.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 10-01-2006, 05:04 AM

Checked everything out in Opera 9.01 and appears to be okay. Then it would wouldn't it.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:47 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmist
On Firefox 1.5.0.7 on the follow link it seems to have a problem with the header background image.

You beat me to it, I had just taken a screen shot of the follow link in action and how the header looked funny lol . here is a pic of mine, I think my pic will help show you what is happening better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg glitch.JPG (138.4 KB, 23 views)
Old 10-01-2006, 12:48 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Just went over to my brother in laws house to check out the action on safari. Yes, the god forsaken browser chokes on my javascript. It appears not to handle the mousmove events (which is VERY important) and it doesnt like the unfolding code. Ill rework it.

The FF issue is odd as it is kind of intermitent. Its like it doesnt show that top area until you slightly move the mouse... then it fills in. Ill have to experiment with that.

Thanks guys. You all make GAL nice
Old 10-02-2006, 04:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Just went over to my brother in laws house to check out the action on safari. Yes, the god forsaken browser chokes on my javascript. It appears not to handle the mousmove events (which is VERY important) and it doesnt like the unfolding code. Ill rework it.

The FF issue is odd as it is kind of intermitent. Its like it doesnt show that top area until you slightly move the mouse... then it fills in. Ill have to experiment with that.

Thanks guys. You all make GAL nice
It be nice if all browsers could follow standards wouldnt it it annoys me how FF still doesnt show the user glow color from the ebux shop lol