The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 08-04-2006, 09:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default anyone using GARS with thread prefix addon?

thread prefix hack

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123033

anyone running GARS with this hack? hows it going any problems i want to try because i really need custom thread orders? im kinda scared of the work it will involve as well as the fact that sam might right in custom thread orders and itll be alot of work to convert back :S

any comments ?
Old 09-30-2006, 02:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Smile

I would also like to know if Mystics thread prefix hack will work with GARS. It would really increase the usefullness with my site. Has anyone got this running with GARS that can confirm they play nice together?

Geek, any chance of getting this type of functionality aded natively into GARS?
Old 09-30-2006, 02:52 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I cant eventually look into it. THough I havent looked at the hack, im sure it will work. Just make sure you carry over template edits into GARS
Old 10-05-2006, 01:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

It Works, but you must disable Pferix for tha GARS Forums. In all other Forums you can use it. I just need the Prefix anymore in all Forums I use GARS.

But it will be great if I can move the prefixes in a custom Field.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Sorry Hoffi, I'm not clear on what you are saying. You say it works but not in the GARS forums themselves?

Can anyone confirm that they have been able to get this prefix mod working with GARS?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:36 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

All you have to do isapply the template edits to the GARS specific templates. i.e. what you change in newthread should also be changed in GARS_newthread, etc...

HTHs
Old 11-21-2006, 06:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
All you have to do isapply the template edits to the GARS specific templates. i.e. what you change in newthread should also be changed in GARS_newthread, etc...

HTHs
Clear as mud.
However prefixes(or equivalent) would be a great big deal because in our case we will be using Gars to document several hundred articles. Although we are already dividing those into subforums the added prefix option would allow our users to filter out articles by prefix or type which would be a GREAT BIG PLUS!

Currently we are experimenting with creating a flag to indicate whether or not an article is a Review or News but im not sure this technique can be the equivalent of thread prefixes. Unless gars can filter out threads like prefixes does...

Prefixes are definitely worth developing