The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Default Problem by modifying articles

A user of my forum have trouble editing their articles this happen to you

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@******.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.0.58 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.58 OpenSSL/0.9.7i Server at www.******.com Port 80

How can I help you?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

It is difficult to day what caused the Internal Server Error. Do you experience this problem if you add and then edit an article here? Do you have any SEO URL rewrite or .htaccess file that could have caused the problem? Do you see anything that would provide a clue in your server error logs?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-10-2008, 08:16 PM

The problem is that there is a single user to happens this problem server.Si were all users of that group would be no problem on the server

Thanks for your time
Old 12-11-2008, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Do you as admin get an Internal Server Error if you edit the article? What happens if the user tries to edit the article using a different browser?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-11-2008, 11:37 PM

No, I do not have this problem
I did not think the comment with another browser.
He was commenting ...

Thanks for your time
Old 12-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Not sure what else to suggest. Maybe answers to the other questions in this thread would provide a clue, or perhaps your host can tell you the cause of the Internal Server Error.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:43 PM

There are 36 users using this program without problems.

The user in question could do with another browser without problems but today I said the same thing happens.
The problem is that you have on your computer
Old 12-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Administrator

Sorry, not sure what "the problem is that you have on your computer" means, but an Internal Server Error could indicate a problem with the server, a problem with an ISP, a problem with a .htaccess file, a problem with a template or file edit, etcetera. They are hard to diagnose because the error message is not really that informative. One thing you could do is to temporarily disable GARS and see if another Internal Server Error appears. It might give you a clue where to look, as well as checking your server error logs.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:26 PM

The user in question and erased his article to be removed permanently, I as an administrator gave me a problem of database:

Database error in vBulletin 3.7.4:

Invalid SQL:
SELECT wordid, title FROM word WHERE title IN

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
Error Number : 2006
Request Date : Saturday, December 20th 2008 @ 09:25:48 PM
Error Date : Saturday, December 20th 2008 @ 09:26:05 PM
Script : http://www.*******/foruminlinemod.ph...hreadids=65917
Referrer : http://www.***********/forum/inlinemod.php?forumid=493
IP Address : *********
Username : Coleccionocromos
Classname : vB_Database
MySQL Version :

Greetings
Old 12-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Administrator

"MySQL server has gone away" error messages are usually indicative of a server issue. Please see http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/t...mysql_goneaway for further information.