The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-06-2008, 10:04 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tester View Post
I couldn't get the localracechat links to work.

Do you use vBadvanced CMPS ? It looks like there are multiple vBadvanced products.
Yea having db issues right now but I do use vBadvanced CMPS
Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-07-2008, 03:45 PM

vBadvanced CMPS looks pretty nice but it might be overkill if all I want to do is create side columns.

Are there any other methods that anyone would recommend? I'd like to use GAB with ads in side columns.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:35 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tester View Post
vBadvanced CMPS looks pretty nice but it might be overkill if all I want to do is create side columns.

Are there any other methods that anyone would recommend? I'd like to use GAB with ads in side columns.
There are a couple on vb.org can't remember the exact url but should not be hard to find.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyukichii View Post
Hey Morgan can you post some screen shot ? If i am going to buy this is it like vba, where you simply create a Modula and you insert the add code in it ( adbrite, google, whichever ) and later add that Modula to any page you like ?

Till now , I really don't know how GAB works, more detail would be appreciated.
The wiki will be updated sometime after all geek products are again available. Right now only GARS and GAZ have wiki entries, but check the GAB movie here. It is old, but should give you an idea.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 PM

Does this support a way to put a banner in the header template? I am running php ads new now but would like a replacement.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:50 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Any vB template that is fetched after the global_start hook can contain ads, including the header, navbar, and footer templates. You may need to 'scope' the GAB ads variable in a plugin, similar to this, if you want ads in a template that is fetched from within a function.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-10-2008, 06:34 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Morgan

The Geek was going to set it up so that customers that pay for ads can view their impressions and clicks and things of that nature. Are you still going to move forward and set it up so our customers can do this?
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 02-11-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
The wiki will be updated sometime after all geek products are again available. Right now only GARS and GAZ have wiki entries, but check the GAB movie here. It is old, but should give you an idea.
I liked the video but wasn't what i would expect, why can't we insert full code ? like google code, adbrite code etc.. ? I only see a place to replace a single url and upload the banner for that url. There is no place to place a whole code.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by attroll View Post
Morgan

The Geek was going to set it up so that customers that pay for ads can view their impressions and clicks and things of that nature. Are you still going to move forward and set it up so our customers can do this?
Such things will be considered after all the geek scripts are back up. Right now I cannot tell you what will/won't be in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyukichii View Post
I liked the video but wasn't what i would expect, why can't we insert full code ? like google code, adbrite code etc.. ? I only see a place to replace a single url and upload the banner for that url. There is no place to place a whole code.
The video is old. There is a box to enter HTML for a text ad.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:30 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Is there a way to set certain ads/color schemes to only show with specified templates? I have a very colorful site with several different templates, and wouldn't want the same color scheme on each.
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads