The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-10-2005, 07:11 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Features from 3.0.x -> 3.5

I had GAB installed for 3.0.7, and it's an incredible hack, but was missing a few small features, I've since upgraded to 3.5 and want this hack back ... and am very prepared to pay for it .... the question is will the new version have all the gaps filled from the 3.0.x version?

Will there be support for members to add/pay for their own banners?

I'll keep checking back daily until it's released

Thanks for a wonderful piece of work!

Jason
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 AM

Pardon Jason but couldn't that already be done? That is, couldn't members pay for their own banners by way of creating a usergroup and paid subscription?

I never installed the 3.0.X version since I moved to 3.5. Somehow I just thought this is how it worked from looking over the vb.org thread.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:32 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

When I installed it on mine, as far as I know, there wasn't a way of allowing members to add their own banners, unless I just didn't figure that possibilty out - I knew it was possible, or at least when it was included in the release, if I have my facts wrong then I do apologise, just thought that it wasn't available for 3.0.x versions.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:33 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill be trying to get the port ready this week for beta release, however the UI aspect wont be in GAB , it will be in GUSH (a seperate component). Prototyping has been done on it, but I havent taken it too much further yet as Ive been swamped. Saying that its a pretty high priority for my site so fingers crossed it wont take too much longer!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 AM

Looking forward to it being released, it's a neat little addition, can I ask if it will be the same sort of price as the others?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I think it should be coming in at about £9.95 - so the least expensive of the lot
Old 10-29-2005, 08:04 AM

Kerching - one sale!