The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-28-2005, 08:54 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Hmmmm probably just me....

Post edited, found what I was doing wrong - couple of things though:

When you add a new banner and put it on Mega Striesand frequency then click save, when it goes back it's always selected Low - even when you edit it again.

When I added index as an Ad Block, why does only my Adsense appear and not the banner (both appear on all other pages!)

Great hack, worth every single penny

Jason

Last edited by Jason; 10-28-2005 at 09:19 PM..
Old 10-28-2005, 09:33 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

^^yeah, edit it from the:

Admincp >> GAB Manager >> Banners

That page ull see it say frequency, change it there and hit save, that will work for you.

Second problem, cant help you, but ill look into it tonight...

Peace

ps..lemme know if that first tip works out for ya.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Yeah, that works fine, just not sure if it's a bug ... or if it's just a quirk.

I've tried adding two new Ad Blocks within the index Ad Block, but that makes no difference, not sure what it's doing!

Thanks for the swift reply

Jason
Old 10-29-2005, 04:02 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I have the same problem with only one banner showing up, but only on adv_index which resides on my root folder and not on the forum folder.. Hence when it's on the same folder as the forum it works. Although the block shows up, the image banner does not.. so I guess it's a img dir specification problem.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:01 AM

It shouldn't be anything to do with the img dir as it works on showthread which is in the root, and also the directory is specified in the settings ..... it's a strange one

Jason

[edited]

Next issue ... when I make that banner Image - Tracking then it doesn't show up on any forum - anywhere! When I put it back to no tracking it reappears - but again not on index - what's going on here?

Last edited by Jason; 10-29-2005 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-30-2005, 12:17 PM

Could I ask when support will be provided on this please ... my banner owners are asking where they have gone....
Old 10-30-2005, 10:11 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldtn
I have the same problem with only one banner showing up, but only on adv_index which resides on my root folder and not on the forum folder.. Hence when it's on the same folder as the forum it works. Although the block shows up, the image banner does not.. so I guess it's a img dir specification problem.
I must of been drunk when I posted that message, cause mine is working fine! I had that problem earlier but I fixed simply by changing the relative url ./geeks/ gab /images/ to the full url http://.........

Jason, I'll be willing to take a look at if you provide me an admin account. Geek is propably busy coding. Let me know ok?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:25 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ive actually been out of town

The first step is to make sure the cateogires have all the corect forums and scripts ticked.

Can you check for me?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:29 PM

All categories enabled, I'll set you an account and PM you the details.

Not sure if it's something I've done wrong or something more ... will sort that out now.

Thanks and sorry to be so impatient!

gldtn - thanks for the offer will let you know.

Jason