The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

Default Pre-Sales Question

Does your Ad System work with the Built in Ad Location Templates in vBulletin 3.7 or is yours totally separate?

Any issues with Google Adsense?

Looking for an working Ad solution for our forum running v3.7.2.

Need to have several paid Sponsors and also Google Adsense working together - also support flash banners and banners hosted by ad management firm.

What about Ad's in Posts, remove certain Ad Locations once Registered/Logged in......?

Thanks in advance

-Shawn

Last edited by turbe; 07-09-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Old 07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

1: GAB sets $GAB_ads[X] variables, X = 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9, and you place the GAB variables in whatever templates you want, including the vB ad templates. That said, some templates are out of scope, such as those eval'd in functions, so if you want ads in those templates, you may need to add global $GAB_ads; to the code, such as described in this thread for vBa CMPS.

2: None that I am aware of other that what is written on this page in the Flash and HTML Banners section.

3: GAB lets you manage static banners, flash banners, rotating image banners, text ads (i.e., Google AdSense). GAB also lets you place banners, or groups of banners, from all categories or certain categories, on all forums/scripts or selected forums/scripts, for viewing by all usergroups or certain usergroups, while allowing certain usergroups to turn off ads, not to mention weighting and stat tracking. More information is here. GAB currently does not come with a purchase routine, only admins can see stats, and some third party advertising HTML causes two windows to open if you track clicks - more info on that is here. Ads can go between posts, see Ad after every X posts - example. Ads actually in posts is not advised, as vB does its own thing with posts such as cache post lifespan, post parsing, and whatnot; that is best avoided.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams