The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > GeekMart

GeekMart GMart is an integrated shopping cart system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 05:51 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Exclamation Geekmart Beta

Morgan,

Now that GAZ is done, doesn't that leave Geekmart as next? I'd like to volunteer to beta test it as I use it regularly and my members have placed HUNDREDS of orders using the system and I know its benefits and PAINS pretty darn well and I think I will have some suggestions that will really make the system useable for a broader audience and easier to use overall.

You know how to contact me! I'm happy to help get started whenever you are.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The next release of GM will be to knock out bugs in the current version, some of which I have already fixed in my private code base. If you have any bugs that you want knocked out, just post them and I'll check to see whether I already got them fixed for the next release.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-19-2008, 08:11 PM

GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Well the list of orders doesn't work, if I click on an order number I get not details.

When I get a PM that something has been ordered it doesn't tell me WHAT has been ordered.

When I get an email from Geekmart with the order details the STATE is missing.

Those are top of my head, there are likely others.

What I really need is a way to dump the order information (past order page needs more detail and option to check off the order and dump the details to a CSV file. I have people order products and then later I need to fill the order. Currently what I have to MANUALLY do is open up Excel, enter in the order number manually, look up the EMAIL to see what they ordered, put that in the spreadsheet, then get their address from the email (I usually use the PayPal email for this because the State is listed), then the item they ordered so when I mail out the items to them I can use a mail merge with labels to print addresses from the spreadsheet. Having some/all of this more automated would be a HUGE time saver.

(and honestly probably very easy for you to code)
Old 05-20-2008, 02:15 AM

Here is another, here is a sample of the email that I get from Geekmart about what was ordered:

itemid item description qty

------ ---------------- ---

2 Red Logo 210 Cayman Club Track Log Book 1

Now what that really means is:

2 (quantity) of Red Logos (item ID #2)
1 (quantity) of Cayman Club Track Log Bood (Item ID #10)

But look how bad it looks run altogether...
Old 05-20-2008, 03:43 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 

Id also pitch in and offer beta services, I would love any information about this release.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 PM

One other item, adding in additional postage on a per-item basis doesn't work right. For example if I want to add in an additional $3 postage/handling charge to an item that costs $30 and my standard postage for ALL items is $1, I think the total it will produce is $31.03, adding the universal $1 dollar to the item, but then instead of adding 3 more dollars for that specific item it adds 3 cents instead, something like that, all I know is that it doesn't work.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:52 AM

Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hello Morgan, I know its only been a couple weeks, but could you let us in if any progress has been made? I cant wait!

Riki
Old 06-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yes on progress, no on ready to release today.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Administrator

Last call for any more bug reports before the new version is released...
Old 06-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I'm definitely interested in purchasing this mod!