The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default Sorry to say but...

Im sorry to say this, but I first bought (actually spending a lot of money due to my currency, which is no problem for me) GARS, it was great, but there were some limitations... limitations that since then, have not been worked around to leave them in the past.

Right now I see a lot of my questions being answered with the same reply "currently thats not possible" or "I could eventually look into it".

I understand that this website dont pay your bills nor pay your vacations, but I feel very bad when a product would be great if the suggestions sent since a few years could be worked around and a really good support system would be here to help us if we cant install a hack from vb.org in a GARS enabled forum.

And more to add, now there is a new product coming over, the GAZ , but, will it be a RC like GAB , a Beta like GAL or not 100% complete like GARS?

There are actually better products that have the suggestions we asked, like Articles by Mary (or other products by her), I dont want thevbgeek.com to be like the scam vBMS was, which never came out of beta and a lot of customers that payed money never hard a 100% working product.

My 2 cents geek, I dont have anything agains you, but i dont like beta software that is never a FINAL release.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:19 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

You've got to be kidding me.

Go look at the amount of requested features for vBulletin... according to you, that makes vBulletin "unfinished". Go bitch at them because they didn't get every single feature wish into the product. GARS is done, stable and extremely popular. I never will have every single feature that you want in it, but it kicks the shit out of your other alternatives.

But whatever.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:36 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Im not asking you to add my "wishlist" to future releases. But some basic functions are missing... Anyway, if you want you cant delete this thread. But gars is still going to be a RC for now.

I love your work and dedication, sorry if my words where not the correct, english is my 4th language and sometimes I mess up my ideas.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:08 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What basic functions are missing? RC means that a product is not stable but the feature set is frozen.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:02 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

comparing vbarticles with GARS is a grotesque joke.
Old 05-13-2007, 12:36 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
I will agree with you on that. I took a run at vbnews, one of "Mary's" products and man... just go read the thread about that one at vbulletin.org. "She" attacks him customers if they complain about it not working, and offers no help in fixing it. Just browse through him site... its got so many bugs and broken links that I could hardly navigate around. TheGeek operates in a very professional manner and just helped me this week with finding a server problem that I might have never found if he hadn't offered to help (I was getting a weird GARS problem in the AdminCP). Better yet, the code produced here works. If you ask for about feature and are told that the product won't do what you want, then I think that's the right answer. To suggest that TheGeek doesn't support his customers is ridiculous. If he did everything everyone asked for on the forum for free, then he'd probably go insane, have no life, go broke, etc. He gets to decide what he's going to do with the products, and what he's not going to do.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:25 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
I will agree with you on that. I took a run at vbnews, one of "Mary's" products and man... just go read the thread about that one at vbulletin.org. "She" attacks him customers if they complain about it not working, and offers no help in fixing it. Just browse through him site... its got so many bugs and broken links that I could hardly navigate around. TheGeek operates in a very professional manner and just helped me this week with finding a server problem that I might have never found if he hadn't offered to help (I was getting a weird GARS problem in the AdminCP). Better yet, the code produced here works. If you ask for about feature and are told that the product won't do what you want, then I think that's the right answer. To suggest that TheGeek doesn't support his customers is ridiculous. If he did everything everyone asked for on the forum for free, then he'd probably go insane, have no life, go broke, etc. He gets to decide what he's going to do with the products, and what he's not going to do.
I'm really truly trying my best to shut up right now... Truly trying to zip my lips!

***Comments deleted by me... if I cannot say anything nice, I'll say nothing at all ***

Ok so I failed to completely shut up... Oopsies me... Let me just say "Amen!"

Always, Bree
Old 05-19-2007, 10:59 PM

I think its great that there are other choices out there. In the end, I think it pushes the producers of all options harder to make the best product they can make. I dont really know anything about the other mod, but I am confident enough in my offerings that Im really not bothered. Saying that, all it can do is push us both to make better mods which in turn benefit all users.

My only gripe was calling GARS RC. Fair enough if it doesnt do everything a user wants (no product ever will), that doesnt make it non gold - it just makes it something not everyone will want
Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM

Thanks Bree, ill take that as a compliment
Old 05-20-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
Thanks Bree, ill take that as a compliment
Then you understood me well. =0)