The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 
Default License Extension

My licence are expired yet ... please expand it, because is a error in gal

thanks
wildthinks
Old 01-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

If their is a bug in GAL , it'll get handled like any other bug, but it would not be fair to extend your license when other people have renewed their license.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

It's not fair do not fix bugs!
I think it's not fair to deliver a not working product... that's the right view on the product!

A long long time nothing is happen with gal and gars and now you release a product that dont work!

That's your line??
Old 01-22-2008, 01:56 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

I'm not Morgan,

but if that's him line, he's right. If your licence has expired, you got 4.8 at least a year ago, and you have probably used it for that time, didn't you? 4.8 was a perfectly well working product. That's what you paid for, and GAL is not really expensive. You couldn't complain if there was no new release at all. What would you have done if he had released the new version a week later?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM

First: The question was not for you!
Second: I have also a Shop and sell products, but we cant deliver buggy products.
Third: I have paid a long time there was nothing , nothing on going...

Please, i'm not interesting on your opinion... that was only for the seller!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

You know: free speech is a funny thing. You don't even have to be interested. Hadn't you asked in a thread I opened, I wouldn't even have read it

Last edited by cellarius; 01-22-2008 at 07:35 PM..
Old 01-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sorry, but I'm going to be rather frank here. First of all, I've been working my arse off to get these scripts up and running, and as it happens, there are a few bugs of which I am aware. That said, even glorious vBulletin has bugs, but they get fixed, just as I am working to fix known bugs in the geek products. Since taking over this site, I have been around every day, coding constantly, and will continue to offer support and fix bugs just as fast as I am able. That said, the fact that you had to wait and wait is understandably frustrating, but there is nothing to be found that says that new versions are going to be made at least X times while your license is active. Lastly, your GAL license expired on January 20, 2008 at 2:08 PM GMT, and GAL 6 was released January 21, 2008 at 12:26 AM GMT, so you downloaded GAL 6 due to a mistake I made that allowed expired licensees to get the script. That means you are not out any monies paid to me for what you consider to be a product that doesn't work. There is nothing more to be said on this topic. Thread closed.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Closed Thread