The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Modifications > Tutorials

Tutorials Tutorials and articles on using vB Geek stuff.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Comment

Tutorial Tools Display Modes

Old 10-24-2005, 11:04 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Default GAB on vBAdvanced CMPS

Hello GAB users,

It took me a while to figure out why my GAB system was not functioning under the vBadvanced CMPS portal system. So in order to prevent everyone else from those annoying...

Last edited by The Geek; 12-06-2006 at 01:48 PM..
By The Geek on 04-16-2006, 07:58 AM

I think its how your entering $GAB_ads[0] in your module. Its coming up just as text which means it isnt getting parsed. What is the actual module code you are using?
By paulfletcher on 04-16-2006, 01:41 PM

I'm actually not 100% sure how I'm supposed to enter in "$GAB_ads[0]". I've been going to

vBa CMPS > Add Module > BB Code

And after I do that, in the WYSIWYG editor I enter $GAB_ads[0].

Is there another way I'm supposed to enter those variables, because I know when I manually change a template via the php file it works fine, and the banners shows up.

Thanks,
Paul
By paulfletcher on 04-17-2006, 01:03 AM

I'm not sure of any other way to enter the code (to be in a module) is there?

Thanks,
Paul
By The Geek on 04-17-2006, 08:17 AM

THat module is just allowing you to put text in. It is evaluating it like a message in a post. You either want to create a new template with $GAB_ads[0] in it and then set the module to use that template OR you want to create a new module with that as the code.
I would suggest the first option.

HTHs
By paulfletcher on 04-17-2006, 04:24 PM

Sounds good. I did that and it all worked. The title of my CMPS module actually appeared below the actual advertisement when the code in the template was "$GAB_ads[0]". Although I changed it slightly to "<td>$GAB_ads[0]</td>" and my title appeared on top again. Although the advertisement area is pushing my columns slightly out of size... The left and right columns for my site are 210px wide, and when the ad is open, it pushes them wider, and messes things up a little. I tried a few things but I was unable to figure out how to change this... Do you know how I can change the minimum size of the ad space? So I can have slightly smaller ads in the left and right column of my site.

Thanks again for all your help!
Paul Fletcher
By The Geek on 04-17-2006, 05:02 PM

Im not sure what you mean. Try turning off the container for the billboard.

HTHs
By paulfletcher on 04-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Default More Information

Sorry about that. If you can take a look at the first screen shot. You'll notice that the sponsored links area is slightly expanding the right column. I would like the column to actually be smaller. In the CMPS settings I have the right column set to be 210px wide, and with the advertisement module added to that column it expands everything bigger, and throws off the look of the page.

So attachment one is with the wrapper, and attachment two is without the wrapper (I don't have any ads currently loaded in that area, not sure if that matters or not... I still have to make them).

Thanks,
Paul Fletcher
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachmentOne.jpg (37.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg attachmentTwo.jpg (27.9 KB, 7 views)
By The Geek on 04-18-2006, 07:21 AM

Thats down to your container for the ad. Its the cellpadding attribute however that is a vbacmps issue.
By paulfletcher on 04-18-2006, 02:35 PM

As soon as I added a few ads to the system, and selected the correct sizes in GAB the CMPS module resized, and now looks perfect. :-D You can check it out here... http://xyztraining.com Its on the right side.

Thanks again for all your help!
-Paul Fletcher
By Bridges on 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM

What is this going to do? Display only one ad in vba?

I'm looking to have two on vba and two different ones on the rest of the forums.
Comment

Tutorial Tools