GARS allows you to create Term sets which enables you to apply a different phrasegroup to an individual type.
Though this is fairly well explained in the manual, I thought I would do a quick walk through for those wanting a quick step by step.
In this instance, I am going to create a recipe term set for those wishing to turn a GARS forum into a recipe section of their site.
- Go into your terms display window (admincp->GARS->terms)
- Click Add New
- Title: My Recipe Term Set
- Capitalised: Recipe
- Capitalised Plural: Recipes
- lowercase: recipe
- Lowercase Plural: recipes
- New thread button: newrecipe.gif (or whatever button you want to assign. Please note that it needs to reside in your styles images/buttons folder)
- New reply button: comment.gif
- Click Save
Ill attach a quick newrecipe.gif button for your recipe making pleasure.
NOTE: GARS does its best to generate a new phrasegroup for you. Its not always perfect so if you need to tweak a phrase, edit the term set and you will see a list of all the phrases it uses. There you can easily translate or change a phrase.
To apply the term set, create a new type (admincp->GARS->type) OR edit an existing type and set the Term Set to My Recipe Term Set.