The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Modifications > Add-ons

Add-ons Modifications and add-ons for vB Geek stuff.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Comment

Release Tools Display Modes

Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default vba CMPS GARS block

This is just a quick vba Module I threw together to try and please the 'Damnit - come up with vba support' people.

This will create 3 different layouts depending on the modules...

Last edited by The Geek; 04-14-2007 at 12:53 PM..
By trana on 05-11-2006, 08:08 PM

Cool! Thanks for helping us out.

Anyone have a screenshot?
By tgreer on 05-11-2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks for this! I've noticed some errors, mostly stylistic in the templates, but one main one in the main query. You're missing a field after the ORDER BY clause.

I would change:

Code:
ORDER BY $order LIMIT $limit";
to

Code:
ORDER BY g.threadid $order LIMIT $limit";
Also, it seems to display the message, rather than the synopsis. I'm still puzzling that one out.
By The Geek on 05-11-2006, 09:13 PM

Thanks. I was actually thinking about the order by clause today as I realized I hadnt put in the sort method (i.e. by date instead of random). It should be dateline

As far as screenshots, see the www.thevbgeek.com or www.thenailgeek.com
By Lygren on 05-11-2006, 09:29 PM

Thanks for this effort, mr. Geek, but where to I creative the mentioned templates?
By tgreer on 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM

You're welcome... err, posting in this thread is ok, vs. the Bug Tracker? Since it isn't officially supported, I figured posting here was the way to go.

I worked out the synopsis vs. pagetext issue... I saw it was a conditional in the query based on "preview". For me, I will always want the synopsis, period, so I simply edited the query to take out that conditional.

I also want a very clean look on my site, no extra graphics everywhere, so I deleted the entire first "td" element in template 2.
By gothic on 05-11-2006, 09:38 PM

One small discrepency that I personally don't find annoying (I use FF) can be seen in the attached images.
The one with the messed up display is IE.
Any suggestions please?
SORTED! Thankyou tgreer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF.jpg (70.1 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg IE.jpg (60.9 KB, 106 views)
Last edited by gothic; 05-12-2006 at 04:36 AM..
By Lygren on 05-11-2006, 10:14 PM

Well, I understood the template adding, but when I try to look at the latest threads from my vBa frontpage, I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/htdocs/avforum.com/forum/modules/gars.php:113) in /includes/functions.php on line 2346

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/htdocs/avforum.com/forum/modules/gars.php:113) in /includes/functions.php on line 2349

??
By Lygren on 05-11-2006, 10:21 PM

...I haven't installed the 2.0 edition of GARS, perhaps that will solve this issue?
By nbento on 05-11-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
did you add a new php module block and is it active?
Not that I totaly forgot to edit the gars.php file was 5Am when I sated it up
By tgreer on 05-11-2006, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothic
One small discrepency that I personally don't find annoying (I use FF) can be seen in the attached images.
The one with the messed up display is IE.
Any suggestions please?
I even got some of that in FireFox, which is why I simply deleted the TD containing the linked image. I didn't want it anyway; I only mention this because it appears there is a problem with the structure of that template.
Comment

Release Tools