The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Lizard Lounge

Lizard Lounge The place to post off topic stuff.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I love it. I am a vBSEO fanboy and proud of it...run it on 2 sites.

I had the same experience with Yahoo spiders as Mr Geek did, NZB right now:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whos Online
Most users ever online was 608, 07-Jun-2005 at 01:24 AM.
kall*, Yahoo! Slurp (60), Alexa, Gigabot (2), Google (2), psbot, MSNBot (2)

Dean's plugin, while good, barely scratches the surface. vBSEO can rewrite ALL of the dynamic urls on your forum. Custom rewrite rules give me the ability to choose whether to call payments.php "purchase.html", "/products/", or "purplemonkeydonut.htm" if I want...all through an easy to manage Control Panel.

It also cleans up html, removing comment code and whitespace, and along with the automatic 'add image dimension attributes' to all images, makes your pages load faster.

The addition of rel="nofollow" to the URLS that you choose, plus the 'force forumroot as homepage' (makes www.site.com/forums/index.php become www.site.com/forums/) allows you to filter PageRank towards the more imortant parts of your site and avoid "pagerank leakage".

There's so much to vBSEO, it's not easy to list them all.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:26 AM

I have installing DC Dean Seo

know almost 3 day in Who is online 5 to 15 Page All is Search Engine .. Such Yahoo/Google and other as well..

vBseo is good but the price and closed source code..

About the price it is not because i can't pay $149 i just feel it is not that worth to pay all that money for small software ..
Old 12-15-2005, 02:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I wont advice you to go with Dean's hack. I used more then mnth and it is not good.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King
I wont advice you to go with Dean's hack. I used more then mnth and it is not good.
why it is not good ?

i dont see any problem in use it .. it work just fine ..
Old 12-18-2005, 06:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I've gone round and round about buying it. I don't think its worth the price if you ask me. VBSEO costs just as much as vbulletin itself. Just an example: If you cracked the bumper on your car, would you buy another bumper for $20,000 or buy another car for $20,000? I think modifications should cost less than the software itself. To me if they sold it for lets say $60.00, they would sell alot more copies. Theirfore it would result in a bigger profit margin. Thats just my .02 though! Their aiming for commercial boards when their are alot more non-comercial boards.

Look at the Geek Article System for instance, that to me is priced right, priced fair, and is priced so that commercial and non-commercial boards can afford it

Last edited by Rick; 12-18-2005 at 06:12 PM..
Old 12-18-2005, 07:07 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Look at the Geek Article System for instance, that to me is priced right, priced fair, and is priced so that commercial and non-commercial boards can afford it
But thats because I'm not in this for a business - I only charge a small amount to offset my time and to break free of the greedy slave drivers who think that anyone who codes for vB should do it for them for free (screw em!). Some people cant do that, they need real value for their time.

Its all about volume anyway. If vB sold as much as vbSEO, you can bet that it would be about 10x more expensive than it is now. If vbSEO sold as much as vB, it would most likely go for about $50.
Yes, vbSEO is expensive, yes, I think they would sell more if they lowered their price, however in the end its up to them and finally, up to you. If you can afford the investment and you think its worth it - go for it. If not, they don't get your money
Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I've gone round and round about buying it. I don't think its worth the price if you ask me. VBSEO costs just as much as vbulletin itself. Just an example: If you cracked the bumper on your car, would you buy another bumper for $20,000 or buy another car for $20,000? I think modifications should cost less than the software itself. To me if they sold it for lets say $60.00, they would sell alot more copies. Theirfore it would result in a bigger profit margin. Thats just my .02 though! Their aiming for commercial boards when their are alot more non-comercial boards.
Yeah but would you buy a car for 7k then spend 20k adding alloys, custom paint job, new exaust, engine tune et. Some people do that. Personally I bought 4 license of vbseo and it's working out ok for me I'm still fine tuning but it's been worth it for the less hassle approach. It all comes down to numbers, I make more money by paying for seo and using it due to the time it saves me which I can better use to making me money.
Old 02-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Quote:

149 dollars is not alot of money at all for a business

149 dollars is not a lot of money either for peace of mind which is what I get when I install this and it changes every url I have in all the search engines.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 AM

Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

Might give this a try soon
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=vRewrite

Anyone tried it yet???

Ta,

Hanif
Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

I think vBSEO is a great addition to any board. some have it for extra traffic, others for more revenue. I use it for the nice and clean URLs. having thread links as site.com/thread/123 is great. I love it. my members love it.

"Focus on the user and all else will follow ." (c) Google