The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-27-2005, 10:25 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
planning on it for next iteration (if I can get someone to donate the images )
Well, attached images belong to GARS for 3.0.x from vb.org. I think these should serve the purpose.
Attached Images
File Type: gif comment.gif (3.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: gif newarticle.gif (3.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-27-2005, 03:42 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I'm also looking forward to there vB Advenced CMPS boxes.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

It certainly looks more professional and almost makes the forum appear alot more detached from the regular forum view which was somewhat viewable in the previous GAS edition(s). Sort of reminds me of the VBA CMPS design ... very nice

vBSEO: The SEO Solution for Expert vBulletin Forum Admins
Old 09-29-2005, 04:06 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

yea, looks far more 'purpose' built than its earlier versions.

Funnily enough, I was thinkning about vbaCMPs on the way to work today. It is somewhat similar in some of its abilites ie modules and in some ways it surpasses it (ie each module is configurable and re-usable). I was even thinking that it wouldnt be hard to include an index.php page that essentailly did the same thing, utlising the module system. Then I though - why bother? vbaCMPS is brilliant and very well written. So I guess ill take it as a compliment

Another thing I was thinking today is:

Does GARS really explain what it is? In other words, you can now (and especially by the next iteration) be able to create custom types for your standard forums. However maybe in these instances all you will want to do is show some featured article, maybe stickies in a floating block, maybe just a navbar to the right, etc...

Maybe you just want to put a custom icon at the top of each forum... heck - the options are really limitless and I dont know if Geek Article and Review system really captures that.

If anyone has any other ideas, throw em on out
Old 09-30-2005, 07:57 AM

**self-edited**

Last edited by Neutral Singh; 09-30-2005 at 08:04 AM..
Old 09-30-2005, 08:05 AM

All of them should be working. Have you reset the modules? (GARS->Moudules Reset to default).

You need to do this with the latest upgrade - then re-enter your modules.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:13 AM

Sorry!! In fact they are working like a charm... i had self-edited my last post before you posted.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:24 AM

Please dont mind. I just noticed your copyright notice in my forum footer. Dont you think its way too big for anybody's liking? A smaller text message will be look much better i think.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:30 AM

Should be the same font and style as the vbulletin logo isnt it?

I could abbreviate to GARS but it doesnt make much sense. Im kind of itching for a new name anyway.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:37 AM

How about -> Articles Management System by The vB Geek

Moreover, it should appear only on those pages which have been rendered by GARS, otherwise it may give a wrong indications to vB guys.

Last edited by Neutral Singh; 09-30-2005 at 11:39 AM..