The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 01-17-2006, 09:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 
Question Edit rating block to include text fields for reviews?

Hi! I'm trying to setup reviews for music and movies on my site. Everything is going well except I have one question. Is there a way that I can include fields for someone to have to enter text (instead of a rating) but similar to the way (and in the same area) that the author of the review has to fill out the rating? For instance, in the rating block by the authors name, can I make it to where there will be:

Author review
Rating 3
Appropriate audience: anyone
MPAA Rating: G

But with another set for music? I was going to just add this to the post template if this is all I can do, but I wanted to see if there was another way since there are two seperate reviews.

Thank you!
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Sure, this isnt too hard to do (if I understand you correctly!).

You have a pre-set standard selection:
Rating: 1-whatever
Audience: anyone, kids, adults, whatever
Rating: G, PG, PG-13, R

If so, then make a php module file to handle the posts. I will give you a hand with this if you want when I get back in town at the end of the month (if you can wait that long), it will really only take about an hour to code.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:54 AM

Yes! I can definably wait . I'll try to attempt at doing it myself, but I'm sure it won't work very well (I'm just now learning php).
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 AM

No... I was unable to figure out how to do it
Old 02-01-2006, 08:27 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Ill see if Ican squeeze out an example in thenext coupleofdays.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:42 AM

Did you ever make up something for this? If not, can you let me know what I would need to do to make it myself? I think I know enough about php/mysql to do it if you don't have the time .
Old 02-22-2006, 05:27 PM

I havent had time yet, however I would encourage you to check out the linkheader module that comes with GARS as thats a pretty similar thing (i.e. ask for a value, save it and do something with it)

HTHs