The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Commons > Announcements

Announcements News relating to site/products.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Yeah it would be great if all of us were given extensions, however that will now be up to Morgan
Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

I'm horribly sorry to hear that you have to leave us Geek!

You're script is the first vb add-on I ever paid for and the only one I didn't regret in doing so!

Congratulations on regaining control over your family business and best of luck to you in the future! We haven't "spoke" properly, but if ever in London, a pint is on me!

/Morgan... I've been looking at Photoplog for almost a year now and couldn't decide if I wanted to take the chance even though you're renown for your support. However, after reading this announcement and seeing the support from existing customers and their excitement of you taking over Geekness, I went right over and I'm now a proud license holder of Photoplog too!

Long live coders who support their customers! May you have my money for years to come!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:57 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

after reading the post above, I shall need to take a look at Photoplog

Advertisement
I am an ad between posts. Luv me!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-21-2007, 03:59 AM

Morgan,

Can you please give us an update on you activity & plans and what we can expect from you in the coming month?
Old 12-21-2007, 12:29 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Give him a break:

It's the Friday before Christmas.
A new version of vB with a slew of new hooks etc to look over.
A new version of Photoplog close to done (if I'm reading posts over on Photoplog right) that needs work.
And 5 whole new products to get a handle on.

We'll know when we know, which will most likely be after Morgan knows ;-).

And to Bob/Yank, you will soooo not be disapointed with photoplog as a gallery script. We have an admitedly atypical forum, but Photoplog has been a godsend for it's ability to search for images (the custom fields for 'Plog are infinitely better implemented than elsewhere, AND searchable!) Have image thumbs in the latest posts/search page in vB drop in thumbnails from a pop-up in the vB post editor etc etc.

We're tremendously excited to see what's coming for the Geek product line... GARS 6 in particular should be a really powerful tool if the AME offshoot is anything to judge from.

James and Susan
Old 12-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder 

yes, here's hoping everyone has a wonderful xmas stuffing
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuntFactoryX View Post
is myth still hanging around to continue working on gm?
There will be a post made on this in the next day or so answering the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoskat View Post
I read http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.ph...6&postcount=18 from a couple of weeks ago.

Is the re-opening of the store still on track for this week? I asked Santa for GARS!
"Finalized in the next couple of weeks" was referring to the deal. We'll need to see whether Santa can get some or all of the scripts out in time for the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Monkey View Post
One question I have is that many of us had our license expire during this event and haven't been able to d/l the latest versions. Will we be getting extensions to the license?
Nope, you should be able to download the latest versions that were available prior to your license expiry via the License and Download Manager. Old, outdated versions such as GARS 1.0 are no longer available, and you shouldn't have access to new versions that were released after your license expired. If you encounter problems, just let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa1 View Post
Morgan,

Can you please give us an update on you activity & plans and what we can expect from you in the coming month?
A few of my more immediate goals are to zip through the bugs posted in the project tracker, verify compatibility with vB 3.7, and reinstate sales.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-22-2007, 12:44 PM

This is all wonderful news indeed. Thank you Morgan, and please do have a wonderfully -

Old 12-22-2007, 01:09 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Merry Xmas all
Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 12-23-2007, 07:30 AM

yay .. I was trying to get the latest version for a little while now .. glad it's finally availlable again without the download errors!