The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Advertising Banner System

Geek Advertising Banner System GAB is a highly configurable banner management system for vBulletin.

Advertisement
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Hard to say from here, but at the end of the readme file is a troubleshooting section. Please check the items listed there, as that list contains everything that I could think of at the time as to why ads wouldn't show.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Question

I have uploaded 3 screenshots to show you what I mean, basically in the scripts section the pages table under the master table (link) has them ticked as default and when ticked they seem to appear on the default pages listed under the scripts table (not the ones i have added (faq and footer)). I need to make it appear on all pages.

I currently have in the template footer file: $GAB_ads[0] through to $GAB_ads[50]
so you would think that those would all show on every page since its in the footer but they don't, please see the links below. In the faq page they don't show but they do in the forum home, so i tried adding faq and footer to the scripts section in the admincp but it never helped.

http://www.teamspeed.com/gabadmincp.jpg
http://www.teamspeed.com/forumhome.jpg
http://www.teamspeed.com/faqpage.jpg
http://www.teamspeed.com/gabadmincp_masterscripts.jpg

I looked at the documentation you provided but it never helped unfortunately.

thanks.

Last edited by teamspeed; 03-12-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Old 03-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

The script name is found inside the vB PHP files. In the vB faq.php file is the following line of code near the top of the file:
Code:
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'faq');
The script name is taken from that line of code, and faq is the script name, not FAQ, i.e., case matters, so change it to lowercase.

Using footer doesn't make any sense because there is no vB PHP file with the following, i.e., footer.php is not a vB file, so delete it:
Code:
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'footer');
To show ads in the footer, add the $GAB_ads[X] variable(s) to the vB footer template, where X is a number.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-12-2008, 01:17 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 

i did add $GAB_ads[X] where x is the number to the footer template but as i said it then doesn't show in all pages of the forum.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Administrator

After making the changes in post thirteen, the ads now show on the faq page, correct? If so, then you need to add more scripts like you did for the faq page, using the following as the value for the ID box:
Code:
define('THIS_SCRIPT', 'whatever_is_here_goes_in_the_id_box');
Old 03-12-2008, 01:42 PM

In the end I just went through the ftp forum dir and just added every page to the script section and removed the .php extension which seemed to work.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator

For the most part the value for THIS_SCRIPT matches with the filename, so that'll work for many files, but on occasion they might be different, and not every file in the /forum directory, ajax.php for example, needs to be added to scripts.