The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 09-08-2006, 03:46 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default Images uploading problems

All over sudden, and this seems to happen randomly, uploading images displays a broken jpg, but image is not really broken as it displays properly when using vb upload.

And some images just won't resize when uploading

example
Old 09-08-2006, 07:15 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Check your chmod on the images that are appearing broken. What is it?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:45 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I tried to make it 777, no luck. I downloaded it and looked at it in fireworks, resaved, reuploaded, no luck. That is the header images that are giving me problems. We put the same images via vb upload in same post, they are fine.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:28 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

What are the broken images chmod? Have they been changed to something other than 777?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 AM

they are all 644. But I think I might know the reason.
1-the image name have an accent. In which case it's no good for me, because I use images with accent a lot.

2-look at image extension. I found a lot like that on server. I am ready to swear I uploaded as jpg.

député_fédéraliste_yoronga_chad_images .jpeg

On the other hand, that one, focus1.jpg, looks fine, but why wouln't it create the thumb?

here is my under construction page, please scroll down to see problem

http://www.haitiwebs.com/newindex.php
Old 09-08-2006, 10:10 AM

I also just realized something. The imagename in bold is the name of the other image in article. When I right clicked on the broken name, that is the name I got, but that was not the one that I actually uploaded. It is as if it was reading a name that was not his and therefore appeared broken. Like a confusion in the names.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 AM

Now listen to this. The image that will not resize into a thumb was originally 350x230. No matter what it will not create a thumb. I resized it to 200 width in fireworks, re-uploaded, and the thumb got created. Even weirder, I have other images at 370 and larger, they create thumbs no problems.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:38 AM

Let me see if I can recap so I understand where you have gotten to so far:

1- If the image has an accent in it it doesnt seem to upload?
2- This image will not thumbnail? (if its the right size, no thumbnailing takes place)
3- It is renamed with a jpeg extension?
4- The thread contains the image for another thread?

All of this sounds not right at all.

I havent tried the accent thing, but surely this shouldnt make a difference AND I assume you have been using this for some time (with other French users too). I havent really changed the code at all.

Is it one specific image? If so, can you send it to me so I can run some tests uploading it through my Zend debugger?
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM

I sent you image. I just started to use it last week.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 PM

does it seem to be the problem image? i.e. no others seem to be causing you grief?