The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Auto-Linker

Geek Auto-Linker GAL automatically links keywords that users type in posts to advertising hover pop-ups.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-26-2006, 12:40 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default GAL 5.0 Beta 1 Release Discussion

Ok guys, I have uploaded GAL 5.0 Beta 1 to the download section for valid license holders.

Please read this thread before even thinking about installing as it contains important information on GAL that you need to know!
  • I am away on business for 10 days so my support will be very little. Since this is a beta (and the first one at that) I would strongly caution you about using it on a live site. Especially since I will not be readily availible to support you.
  • As with any product (especially betas) it is important that you first back up your forum before installing
  • Please check out the readme, there are a couple important items in there regarding installation.
  • When you install, it will port over all your old GAL items, however many settings are lost in the translation as GAL 5.0 uses templates and such instead of the old system for displaying.
  • After installing you must click admincp->gal->maintenence->rebuild post cache.
  • You will need to set permissions for each dictionary you have. I wish I had time to go through each setting, but I don't!
  • Note that each dictionary has default settings. If the user can not set a field, GAL will use the dictionaries default setting as a substitute. That way you can set a default image... do not allow any members to upload an image, then GAL will use the default image.
  • Make sure that you chmod your geek/gal/images folder to 0777 to allow uploads
  • Im not sure on using this on non post pages right now. In theory it should work, however I havent tested it at all.
  • Stats are not currently functioning. You can not view them, nor does GAL record them.
  • The cron job isnt fully functioning (mainly because the stats arent working yet).
  • There is little to no phrasing done yet (I usually dont do this until RC anyway).
I am releasing this to accomidate the number of people that are waiting desperatly for it. I can not stress enough that there will be bugs and little support over the next couple of weeks. You should only install if you feel comfortable about this.

nJoy
Old 10-26-2006, 01:21 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 
Default I got this error.

I did fresh install. No upgrade.

I got this error.
And doesn't work with VB3.6.2.
I don't know how can I delete for new link.
See attached file.

Thanks..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (116.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 333.jpg (145.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 555.jpg (82.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Rainyleaves; 10-26-2006 at 01:48 PM..
Old 10-26-2006, 02:13 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Download the package again and replace the admincp/gal_admin.php file and the geek/ gal /includes/gal_class_core.php

I put a couple of error schecks in, however the save display isnt wired up. You will need to edit the items indiviually to save them.

HTHs
Old 10-26-2006, 02:45 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

I have reinstall with new pack.
I'm sorry, I got the same error.
No problem, I can wait for 10days with comfortable....
And I trust you....
Old 10-26-2006, 04:17 PM

Ooops... thats because Im a dumbass and uploaded from the wrong folder

I have uploaded the correct files now (and tripple checked). It wont solve all your woes, but it will address those issues you have found so far.

Taks care
Old 10-26-2006, 04:26 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Unhappy Got these errors

I installed and worked perfectly with past links, but when I entered a new one, I started receiving the following messages:

In Admincp:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /admincp/gal_admin.php on line 518

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: query() in /home/hobbies/public_html/forums/geek/ gal /includes/gal_class_admin.php on line 415

In forum:
Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Empty regular expression in /geek/ gal /includes/gal_class_core.php on line 249

I cant wait to see GAL5 working.!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:02 PM

I have uploaded a new package to address the bugs you found except for the last one... sounds to me like you may need to edit and save the entires... Can you try that and let me know?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:05 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder 
Thumbs up No showing image nor link function

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
I have uploaded a new package to address the bugs you found except for the last one... sounds to me like you may need to edit and save the entires... Can you try that and let me know?
Ok, I unistalled GAL5b, then I reinstall v4.6,then I reinstall the last v5b uploaded and it is working, now I have this problems:

1. GAL is showing with no image (just text), it seems it is not saving the url image because each time I edit the link,the url is missing.

2. In Admincp: when I create a new link, if a select active link and click save, in Display the autolink and entry checkboxes are not checked, however the link in forum is active.

3. The link in gal box (forum), it is not working, also, It seems it is not saving the link url.

I'll be making more testings, and I'll let you know the results.

Thanks!
Gabriel
Old 10-26-2006, 08:23 PM

Check your chmod on geek/ gal /images that and all sub folders should be 0777

Try adjusting the status via the glossary page. Most manipulation I do through the glossary page now.

HTHs
Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Default Missing Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Geek
Check your chmod on geek/ gal /images that and all sub folders should be 0777

Try adjusting the status via the glossary page. Most manipulation I do through the glossary page now.

HTHs
Ok, links are working! , but the GAL box is still not showing images, I already check geek/ gal /images folder and it has 777 CHMOD (no subfolders on it). I attached an example image of this beta version working in my forum, well the only thing is the missing images. It is not storing the image URL for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gal5b.jpg (11.9 KB, 25 views)