The vB Geek

Go Back   The vB Geek > vB Geek Products > Geek Article and Review System

Geek Article and Review System GARS is the mega popular system for turning forums into articles, tutorials, or even reviews.

Advertisement
This is an HTML example. Isn't it just wonderful?!?!
  Learn how to remove ads

Old 10-23-2006, 12:17 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu
I know you don't have time to do it right now but this is just a bump to remind me and you.
Bump. 10 characters.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:28 PM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Dude

Don't you realize ? Sam is currently working on GAL 5.0 and that is the top important thing for him since he wants to finish that also his customers are waiting for this. Before finishing GAL how do you expect him to code a custom hack for you ?

Patience is everything. No need to bug anyone at all.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King
Dude

Don't you realize ? Sam is currently working on GAL 5.0 and that is the top important thing for him since he wants to finish that also his customers are waiting for this. Before finishing GAL how do you expect him to code a custom hack for you ?

Patience is everything. No need to bug anyone at all.
I fully understand that he's working on that and that is his top priority. I'm bumping it more for the reason that it doesn't disappear and ends up as something that never ends up being done because it was just forgotten about.

Also, I hardly think bumping a thread in a forum is a form of bugging him at all. It's not like I'm doing it everyday or sending him a PM (I haven't sent him a PM at all). If it is, I'll let him speak out and I'll happily stop.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiBu
I fully understand that he's working on that and that is his top priority. I'm bumping it more for the reason that it doesn't disappear and ends up as something that never ends up being done because it was just forgotten about.

Also, I hardly think bumping a thread in a forum is a form of bugging him at all. It's not like I'm doing it everyday or sending him a PM (I haven't sent him a PM at all). If it is, I'll let him speak out and I'll happily stop.
I don't think that he will comment like me because you are a customer to him but even he mentioned his top priority is Gal and as you are following the board Gal is not even on beta stage you can hold yourself bumping the thread but you constantly bump this thread and sorry to say this but it even bugs me.

Also how hard is it to find a thread you created. If you don't know vBulletin maybe it is really hard but hey check your own profile Find all threads started by WiBu
Old 10-23-2006, 11:56 PM

There's an ignore function on vbulletin forums lizard ...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramses
There's an ignore function on vbulletin forums lizard ...
Sam is my friend and i know how hard he works so sometimes instead of ignoring i show people what they deserve...
Old 10-24-2006, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Sam is my friend and i know how hard he works so sometimes instead of ignoring i show people what they deserve...
If he's your friend than don't try to banish paying customers.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:30 AM

Quote:
I don't think that he will comment like me because you are a customer to him but even he mentioned his top priority is Gal and as you are following the board Gal is not even on beta stage you can hold yourself bumping the thread but you constantly bump this thread and sorry to say this but it even bugs me.

Also how hard is it to find a thread you created. If you don't know vBulletin maybe it is really hard but hey check your own profile Find all threads started by WiBu
I'm sorry you feel that way but you're acting like a bit of a dickhead and being overly condescending. I do know GAL is not even in a public beta. I don't follow the board. I do know how to find my own threads. Sorry if it's bugged you and I'll happily stop and wait until GAL is release in a beta. Just for the record I was never expecting thegeek to do this work for free or within an immediate time frame, I know his time is valuable and I'm happy to pay for it when he's available. Even if thegeek was ignoring me to be polite I wouldn't mind, it may mean he has more time to work on stuff or just relax.

Quote:
What do I deserve? I can't see anything to show how I've been anything out of the ordinary. The bumps have been atleast 5 days apart (13 days in the last ones' case).

Last edited by WiBu; 10-24-2006 at 11:41 AM..
Old 10-24-2006, 11:35 AM

Geek Article and Review System License Holder GeekMart License Holder Geek Auto-Linker Pro License Holder Geek Advertising Banner License Holder Geek Gazette License Holder 

Be cool guys, Im working on it and I want to help with custom requests when I can. As long as everyone understands I have to prioritize and therefore I will not be able to meet everyones requests as soon as they would like simply because the core products and customers come first (I get and average of 5 custom job requests a week - which I turn down every time).

I dont mind the occassional bump as long as the author knows Im not ignoring them, simply not able to get to it yet

Just look at the Geek Gallery Popup request... still havent gotten to that yet